Fargate Redevelopment

7 minutes ago, MickeyDuff said:

Let’s be honest, does anyone think Blue Banana is a major retailer and will enhance the shopping experience of people using the area?
 How many are going to pop in to town for a quick B@ll@ck piercing and a Costa coffee.

If the Council and developer’s think shops like this are going to enhance the area they’re on cloud Cuckoo. The shops will need to appeal to the majority not a few to tie the area together and make it an area people will be attracted too.

Blue Banana are an established, trusted and popular retailer, and have been for several years in Sheffield City Centre (firstly on Pinstone Street, then Orchard Square before the move to Fargate).

It may not be for you (it isn't really for me!), but younger people and students in particular flock there. My step daughter insists on popping in Blue Banana EVERY time we're in town, and she always buys from there. Her friends like it all the same.

It is also a good long-term business in that you can't order things like piercings online, you HAVE to go to the shop... and lots of people get piercings. They offer other decent products and services on top of that, which they are also popular for.

I'd suggest the type of shops us (slightly!) older folk are used to just aren't relevant any more - hence why high street retail has been dying for several years and why the city centre, and places like Fargate particularly, need to change.

16 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Blue Banana are an established, trusted and popular retailer, and have been for several years in Sheffield City Centre (firstly on Pinstone Street, then Orchard Square before the move to Fargate).

It may not be for you (it isn't really for me!), but younger people and students in particular flock there. My step daughter insists on popping in Blue Banana EVERY time we're in town, and she always buys from there. Her friends like it all the same.

It is also a good long-term business in that you can't order things like piercings online, you HAVE to go to the shop... and lots of people get piercings. They offer other decent products and services on top of that, which they are also popular for.

I'd suggest the type of shops us (slightly!) older folk are used to just aren't relevant any more - hence why high street retail has been dying for several years and why the city centre, and places like Fargate particularly, need to change.

Also, the Moor's been a relic of the 80s for years, as much as I support Charities having worked in nearly all the shops in Hillsborough plus others, it's not very good when most of the Units down there are taken by Charity shops, especially with the recent loss of the big Debenham's (I used to love their toy department, second only to Redgates in Furnival Gate)

54 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Also, the Moor's been a relic of the 80s for years, as much as I support Charities having worked in nearly all the shops in Hillsborough plus others, it's not very good when most of the Units down there are taken by Charity shops, especially with the recent loss of the big Debenham's (I used to love their toy department, second only to Redgates in Furnival Gate)

Eh? Have you actually been down the Moor in the past five or so years? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MickeyDuff said:

Let’s be honest, does anyone think Blue Banana is a major retailer and will enhance the shopping experience of people using the area?
 How many are going to pop in to town for a quick B@ll@ck piercing and a Costa coffee.

If the Council and developer’s think shops like this are going to enhance the area they’re on cloud Cuckoo. The shops will need to appeal to the majority not a few to tie the area together and make it an area people will be attracted too.

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.61880f7a3144abf9ffcc862a50ef3496.jpeg

I thought Blue Banana was a clothes shop 😂😂😂

On 16/10/2024 at 11:55, HeHasRisen said:

OK so where are all these charity shops on the Moor? 

There's a big St Luke's at the bottom by Atkinsons, but I'm struggling to think of a single other?

Meanwhile, Primark, H&M, Next, New Look, Blacks, JD Sport etc...

We seem a long way from, 'most of the units' being charity shops...

• Like 1