Do You Carry Cash/Wallet?

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Never used a wallet, ever.

I've even seen some blokes use a purse.

Their to much trouble and contain to much information about yourself.

Just out of curiosity have a look at Mr. Blokes wallet on post 6295...(I'm bored section "The last person to post thread")

And now he's gone to the trouble of having a GPS tracking device fitted...

Who wants to mess about like that, I like to carry a wedge in my pocket, I feel undressed without one.

Wallets, not for me pal.

Same here . Had em bought for me in the past but gave them up after a few days.

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

Sorry Mr. Bloke,

I was just trying to emphasize the fact that carrying a wallet is to much trouble.

I've had the pleasure of serving you a Sambuca Cocktail, the last one you bought it took 27minutes and 33 seconds to open it, and another 4minutes and 11 seconds to retrieve 6 -50 pence coins and 80 pence of brown soap.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well all I can say Mr Padders...

... is that Jonny Longprong at the INN-U-ENDO Pleasure Palace has never had any problems when serving me! :roll:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Well all I can say Mr Padders...

... is that Jonny Longprong at the INN-U-ENDO Pleasure Palace has never had any problems when serving me! :roll:

I've just had a word with Mr. Longprong,

He tells me that owing to the time it takes to serve you, they have introduced a "Standing Charge" on all Sambuca Cocktails.

£4-80  compared to our £3-80.

• Sad 1

I own a wallet, but rarely take it with me due to it being quite chunky and not comfy in my pocket when walking.

Thinking about one of those slimline card holders, although I usually pay with my phone, so I don't often take my bank cards out and about and hardly ever have notes. 🤷‍♂️

I have a wallet of sorts, it's slightly bigger than credit cards (obviously, or they wouldn't fit in) It takes 6 cards and cash (notes) go in the middle. One piece thing, no folding or anything, and not bulky.

Last year about this time, I put £200 in it. I still have about £140 in it. I know people still like cash, but in my case, the card is mainly used...well, the numbers show that ;) 

I carry a wallet, am often criticised/laughed at for not paying for everything by card, but try not to look too superior when (as I've seeen happen often), the Visa system isn't working, and there is a panic with people trying to borrow money/going home to get cash/look for the nearest cashpoint (which of course is often well away, and also may not be working).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

I own a wallet, but rarely take it with me due to it being quite chunky and not comfy in my pocket when walking.

Thinking about one of those slimline card holders, although I usually pay with my phone, so I don't often take my bank cards out and about and hardly ever have notes. 🤷‍♂️

That is what I am thinking, ditch the wallet, it's bad enough with my phone.

Sat in Wetherspoons now, forgot my wallet, paid on my mobile because I remember my banking numbers.

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That is what I am thinking, ditch the wallet, it's bad enough with my phone.

Sat in Wetherspoons now, forgot my wallet, paid on my mobile because I remember my banking numbers.

Banking numbers? 

When I pay by phone I just make sure the screen is lit and then I hold it near the machine, never asked to put in any number (or a PIN) so unsure what you mean here. 

Or do you mean you paid on the app and you know your 16 digit card number off by heart? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Or do you mean you paid on the app and you know your 16 digit card number off by heart? 

I pay on my mobile and it remembers all the numbers, I just need the three numbers on the back of the card.