Do You Carry Cash/Wallet?

Just now, El Cid said:

I pay on my mobile and it remembers all the numbers, I just need the three numbers on the back of the card.

The card I mainly use has the card number actually within the app so can be easily copied and pasted if any website or app hasn't remember it. 

And aye I know the 3 numbers without looking these days. 

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The card I mainly use has the card number actually within the app so can be easily copied and pasted if any website or app hasn't remember it. 

And aye I know the 3 numbers without looking these days. 

Yes, not every web site, with my phone, not sure if it's Google that remembers

11 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I carry a wallet, am often criticised/laughed at for not paying for everything by card, but try not to look too superior when (as I've seeen happen often), the Visa system isn't working, and there is a panic with people trying to borrow money/going home to get cash/look for the nearest cashpoint (which of course is often well away, and also may not be working).

Agreed.  Sometimes in shops though the assistant seems to want to go to great lengths to get the machine working or make arrangements for me to come back to pay rather than just taking the cash!  I think it’s just ingrained that people won’t often have cash

Edited by redruby

I always carry enough cash to refuel my car. This paid off in the wilds of Wiltshire where I drove for many miles without finding a filling station.  When I finally got to one the card machine wasn't working so cash it was. I don't think I would have made it to the next filling station that I passed.