When Starting A Thread

Just now, RollingJ said:

@The_DADDYSerious answer - if you post a new thread, you must think it worth posting/have a reason, so why not state why you are doing so?

I agree with this.

I think there probably have been times where I'm genuinely undecided, and will say so.

But generally I don't shy away from giving an opinion. It's a discussion forum after all

• Like 2

@RollingJ Serious reply. Sometimes I just don't feel strongly enough about an item but I recognise it will be worth discussing and will generate conversation so I start a thread.

Other times i feel strongly about a subject and so post it for that reason so ill give my opinion in the op. 

The people who get all bent out of shape about me not giving an opinion are being dishonest. They know the only reason they object is because they dislike me so like to kick up a fuss at any opportunity 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I agree with this.

I think there probably have been times where I'm genuinely undecided, and will say so.

But generally I don't shy away from giving an opinion. It's a discussion forum after all

My bold.

Yes, so I provide discussion and sometimes don't take part in said discussion. Does this make the subject less post worthy? 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

@RollingJ Serious reply. Sometimes I just don't feel strongly enough about an item but I recognise it will be worth discussing and will generate conversation so I start a thread.

Other times i feel strongly about a subject and so post it for that reason so ill give my opinion in the op. 

The people who get all bent out of shape about me not giving an opinion are being dishonest. They know the only reason they object is because they dislike me so like to kick up a fuss at any opportunity 👍

You may not 'feel strongly'  about the subject, but if you think it will 'generate discussion', you must have some thought on it - or are you just trying to stir it? Not trying to be nasty with that comment - just the way my mind works.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Makes sense - sometimes you don't quite know what the article or point is, or want your interpretation confirming/refuting.

It's not a case of not knowing what the article/point is really.

It's just sometimes I don't feel strongly enough/have a real interest in the story I'm posting but I recognise it will generate interest/discussion 👍

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Yes, so I provide discussion and sometimes don't take part in said discussion. Does this make the subject less post worthy? 

It doesn't make it less worthwhile, however offering a perspective does make it more enticing to join the discussion 

• Like 1