Ecclesall Road Red Route Scheme Abandoned

7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

so the proposed red route lines on Ecclesall road have been abandoned due to just about everyone on this planet except the council traffic planners!!?? well well there is a suprise! you couldnt get these people to plan a party in a brewery? what a ludicrous idea in the first place.

awaits Planner 1 defence?

My bold. 

Heard a report on Radio Sheffield this morning. 

The scheme for Ecclesall Rd & Abbeydale Rd hasn't been abandoned, just put on hold pending alterations to junctions on both roads such as no parking yellow lines & a number of cameras to monitor current bus lanes during rush hours to check for vehicles parked in them. 

Both will be introduced in time.   Day after the next local council election I reckon? 

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

Heard a report on Radio Sheffield this morning. 

The scheme for Ecclesall Rd & Abbeydale Rd hasn't been abandoned, just put on hold pending alterations to junctions on both roads such as no parking yellow lines & a number of cameras to monitor current bus lanes during rush hours to check for vehicles parked in them. 

Both will be introduced in time.   Day after the next local council election I reckon? 

very true and its madness

21 hours ago, ab6262 said:

ah yes just found it and apparently been binned and rightly so! there are plenty of other ways to get traffic moving , get rid of bus lanes and build bus stops into pull ins and it might stop the 45 degree bus drivers that block traffic when they stop!

I imagine if car drivers followed the highway code and didn't park next to bus stops then the buses wouldn't need to park at such angles to safely board/alight passengers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Resident said:

I imagine if car drivers followed the highway code and didn't park next to bus stops then the buses wouldn't need to park at such angles to safely board/alight passengers. 

imagine if bus drivers did the same and don't forget  car drivers pay the lions share of road tax VED! as for safely boarding or alighting if they are at 45 degrees they are not doing it safely as the passenger has further to step up or down.

you do know they pull in like that so that they can pull straight out ?? don't you???

8 hours ago, ab6262 said:

imagine if bus drivers did the same and don't forget  car drivers pay the lions share of road tax VED! as for safely boarding or alighting if they are at 45 degrees they are not doing it safely as the passenger has further to step up or down.

you do know they pull in like that so that they can pull straight out ?? don't you???

Never handled anything of size have you? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Resident said:

Never handled anything of size have you? 

Ha Ha well i have had a class one HGV licence since 1984 (not driven commercially for a long while apart from our race truck) , getting into and negotiating tight roads is far more difficult with an Artic! buses are very easy in comparison, its just lazy drivers.