Wanting Meadowhall To Pay For City Centre

18 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I walked past that beach thing earlier. Considering the amount of space it takes up (most of The Peace Gardens), there is not much for adults, apart from a few deck chairs. I've no objection to them providing things for children, but as a childless, adult woman, I feel I have been over looked. No hard drinks stalls, no music for adults. I pay my council tax, why am I not considered? I was going to sit in the gardens but it seems cramped and unpleasant with what is essentially a children's funfair that has taken over. It's not as though they haven't just opened a new play park at the back end of Division Street.

re- the city centre summer and xmas market/beach areas these cannot be changed ever as the funfair hold the rights and unless they decided to finish the agreement thats in there complete control and has been for years,but theres a huge simular but much larger beach/adult fair/water area,adult bars ect ect at meadowhall that may be good for you,i think its £2.50 a day to go in and its there until sept 3rd,re-meadowhall paying scc its madness,

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

re- the city centre summer and xmas market/beach areas these cannot be changed ever as the funfair hold the rights and unless they decided to finish the agreement thats in there complete control and has been for years,but theres a huge simular but much larger beach/adult fair/water area,adult bars ect ect at meadowhall that may be good for you,i think its £2.50 a day to go in and its there until sept 3rd,re-meadowhall paying scc its madness,

Thank you, I might check it out.

On 13/07/2023 at 16:32, Irene Swaine said:

The problem with Meadowhall is that it's great for those that live in the north. But the council and large retailers need to realise that we don't all live in the north and still need central, adequate shops and facilities.

I don't live in the north of the city yet Meadowhall is perfectly accessible. There are numerous public transport options. 

On 28/07/2023 at 17:57, Irene Swaine said:

I walked past that beach thing earlier. Considering the amount of space it takes up (most of The Peace Gardens), there is not much for adults, apart from a few deck chairs. I've no objection to them providing things for children, but as a childless, adult woman, I feel I have been over looked. No hard drinks stalls, no music for adults. I pay my council tax, why am I not considered? I was going to sit in the gardens but it seems cramped and unpleasant with what is essentially a children's funfair that has taken over. It's not as though they haven't just opened a new play park at the back end of Division Street.

oh noes, a public event where MANY others including kids have been considered, during the school holidays. 

There aren't many options to drink alcohol in the city centre though are there.......

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Resident said:

I don't live in the north of the city yet Meadowhall is perfectly accessible. There are numerous public transport options. 

oh noes, a public event where MANY others including kids have been considered, during the school holidays. 

There aren't many options to drink alcohol in the city centre though are there.......

How have adults been considered at the beach thing?

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

My point entirely, seems rather unfair when most of the gardens are taken up for it, my council taxes aren't benefitting me there. Half and half would be better.

You've got all town to go at and you can still go in the peace gardens .  Chill out .

• Like 1