Wanting Meadowhall To Pay For City Centre

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You've got all town to go at and you can still go in the peace gardens .  Chill out .

It would have been nice to have had a corner with something for the grown ups, that's all. And there's not much space in town to lie down on the grass, with PG taken over. There is a nice lawn at Fitzalan Square, but a large rat I saw last time I was there put me off.

13 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

How have adults been considered at the beach thing?

As a parent of 2 young children, ie an adult, I am being catered for. It's a place where I can entertain my kids for free. 

Trust me when I say happy  kids are FAR easier to deal with than bored ones. Parents get a small relief whilst kids are playing. That time is worth it's weight in gold. 

Peace Gardens take up just 144,421.9 ft² (approx)

Sheffield City centre (inside inner ring road) takes up (approx) 26,654,243.50 ft²

So removing the Peace Gardens, if you cannot find something to your liking in the remaining 26,509,814 ft² then I think you might need to consider relocating to another town/city.

I hear Pyongyang is nice this time of year.  

Edited by Resident
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Resident said:

As a parent of 2 young children, ie an adult, I am being catered for. It's a place where I can entertain my kids for free. 

That doesn't count as catering for adults.  You mis-read my point. As a public service provider, the council should ensure the Peace Gardens have something for everyone. It's the only sizable outdoor space in the city centre.  I've paid more council tax than any child has.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

That doesn't count as catering for adults.  You mis-read my point. As a public service provider, the council should ensure the Peace Gardens have something for everyone. It's the only sizable outdoor space in the city centre.  I've paid more council tax than any child has.

You really are an idiot.  I've run out of politeness now. 

It's clear you're incapable of any rational thought beyond your own narcissism. You need professional psychological help. 

Go to your GP, show him your posts on here, you'll be treated as an urgent case, if we still had institutions I'm sure you'd be straight in one. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Resident said:

You really are an idiot.  I've run out of politeness now. 

It's clear you're incapable of any rational thought beyond your own narcissism. You need professional psychological help. 

Go to your GP, show him your posts on here, you'll be treated as an urgent case, if we still had institutions I'm sure you'd be straight in one. 

You're a very rude person and like many parents, you think the world revolves around you and your children. Newsflash, it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

You're a very rude person and like many parents, you think the world revolves around you and your children. Newsflash, it doesn't. 

You're mistaking rudeness for honesty. 

As for the latter part, I very RARELY mention my kids on these forums. 

• Like 1

Just now, Resident said:

You're mistaking rudeness for honesty. 

As for the latter part, I very RARELY mention my kids on these forums. 

There is nothing honest about your post. Just a load of hysterical twaddle in reaction to what is a reasonable point raised. 

Skegness beach has adult bars and bingo, etc. Sheffield "beach" has children's rides only and at the expense of taking up green space when we finally have some decent weather to enjoy it.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

There is nothing honest about your post. Just a load of hysterical twaddle in reaction to what is a reasonable point raised. 

Skegness beach has adult bars and bingo, etc. Sheffield "beach" has children's rides only and at the expense of taking up green space when we finally have some decent weather to enjoy it.

It was wholly honest and there was no reasonable point, just narcissistic "me, me,me,me" 

Go to Skegness then. 

I'll reiterate, go get professional help.