10 Year Season Ticket

PapaLazarou

On 16/07/2023 at 10:23, Man in Crete said:

Good point mr cuttsie not thought of that

soooo…. If I went to my high street bank and asked for  £8/10000 cash they would certainly be asking me “what for?” as they obliged under fca money laundering rules

sooooo…. When I said it was to pay a mr chancer for a 10 year Ad infiditum season ticket the roar of laughter you would hear on parson cross followed by a distinct “no chance are you mad”

Why would withdrawing £8k in cash have anything to do with money laundering?

I don’t think that a bank would bat an eyelid at someone withdrawing that amount of cash.

9 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Correct ! Barclays certainly do but not sure about bank of Thailand 

Barclays don’t ask you why you want your own money.

They might ask you to give them a bit of notice, to be sure that they have the cash, but that’s it.

16 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Barclays don’t ask you why you want your own money.

They might ask you to give them a bit of notice, to be sure that they have the cash, but that’s it.

I suspect you haven't tried to withdraw a large amount of late. That amount of money would certain trigger the usual AML questions. 

In any case it's rather obvious why debit and credit card payments aren't being accepted here, all very off. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

50 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I suspect you haven't tried to withdraw a large amount of late. That amount of money would certain trigger the usual AML questions. 

In any case it's rather obvious why debit and credit card payments aren't being accepted here, all very off. 

I’ve taken several sums of that magnitude out in the last few years. I’ve never been asked why I want the money.

I can’t think of a reason why a bank would be interested.

7 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I’ve taken several sums of that magnitude out in the last few years. I’ve never been asked why I want the money.

I can’t think of a reason why a bank would be interested.

You must have your dosh in a tin pot bank cos as various folk have tried to explain there are stringent anti money laundering rules applicable in the uk currently and any bank caught by the FSA ignoring them would be in serious trouble

any way as mr risen correctly says the sensible person knows quite well why mr chancer won’t allow credit cards etal and that’s to try and avoid what has happened previously when he owed a return of dosh ie folk claimed on those cards for the refund he wouldn’t or couldn’t pay. The man is skint and simply is trying any old trick to get a top up . In fact I hear he’s offering a 50 year ticket for half time sausage rolls next . His latest set of accounts are due out by this month end so we can have a better understanding when they arrive 

20 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

You must have your dosh in a tin pot bank cos as various folk have tried to explain there are stringent anti money laundering rules applicable in the uk currently and any bank caught by the FSA ignoring them would be in serious trouble

Have a lovely day.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/customer-services/cash-over-counter/#:~:text=There's no limit to how,ready for you to collect.

Edited by Prettytom