10 Year Season Ticket

PapaLazarou

14 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Means absolutely zero in terms of AML rules 

they will still ask the obligatory questions to comply with AML rules and if you give them the right answers you get the dosh. You don’t seem to understand that point at all! 
will you be delving into your vast wealth pot to invest in chancer enterprises ie buying a season ticket? No I guess not

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Means absolutely zero in terms of AML rules 

they will still ask the obligatory questions to comply with AML rules and if you give them the right answers you get the dosh. You don’t seem to understand that point at all! 
will you be delving into your vast wealth pot to invest in chancer enterprises ie buying a season ticket? No I guess not

It means that you can withdraw your money when you want to.

They’ll ask you nothing  if you withdraw £8k.

Try it.

And check the money laundering guidelines whilst you are at it.

Edited by Prettytom

26 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It means that you can withdraw your money when you want to.

They’ll ask you nothing  if you withdraw £8k.

Try it.

And check the money laundering guidelines whilst you are at it.

I withdrew £6k years ago to buy a car and was asked what I was doing with the money. 

If it was happening then, it certainly happens now. You only have to look through the MSE forums to find threads about people given the third degree by banks for them wanting to take cash out. 

Anyway this is all a neat distraction from this thread and the Chairman trying to avoid S75 and chargeback claims. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, Will Thomson said:

My thoughts exactly. Just doesn't happen does it. They'll be wanting notice as well as an explanation for sums like that.

You need to choose a better bank.

Or manage your account more carefully.

I’ve never been asked why I want my own money. But I have been with the same bank for over 30 years.

Generally for sums of >£2k my bank needs a day’s notice.

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

You need to choose a better bank.

Or manage your account more carefully.

I’ve never been asked why I want my own money. But I have been with the same bank for over 30 years.

Generally for sums of >£2k my bank needs a day’s notice.

whatever gives you the idea that your personal experience is representative of others.

asking people about large cash withdrawals is commonplace. it helps stop people getting scammed by rogue workmen for one.

On 16/07/2023 at 09:17, PapaLazarou said:

Could you point us in the direction of the regulation that doesn’t allow these types of transactions? And enforced by which regulator? Especially as you specifically state that financial regulators don’t allow it.

And what is the specific time period you allude to? That would be interesting if you could clarify that.

Very interested to see that facts that back this up.

Thanks.

Bump

2 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Indeedy he’s gone awol can only think he’s got a pal whose paid for him to go to Spain to watch dem owls 

on his return from wherever he has a bundle of questions which remain unanswered  

what chance he replies? 

It's after 10pm now so a better chance now than when you posted the above 😂