Illegal Number Plates To Receive Penalty Points

I doubt very much that Padders has one. They are driven by attention seeking idiots with a small penis. 

Edit: I confirm that I have no idea about the size of Padder's  slong. Just saying like.

Edited by mart
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Resident said:

The Vehicle Registration Offences Penalty Points Bill.

Currently in parliament and scheduled for it's 2nd reading on 27th November 2023.

The bill proposes that drivers displaying illegal number plates (altered spacing, fonts etc) will receive penalty points & possible disqualification as well as the current fine.

Link

Personally I think 3 points should be the upper limit. The bill proposes 3-11 points & a possible ban from driver is a bit too far. If 3 points is per plate then they're getting 6 anyway so a 2nd offence will see them banned via totting up anyway.

Most of the time altered plates are "private" plates anyway so I'd make part of the penalty the loss of the plate, costs of re-registering with the original & a 5 year ban on owning a private registration

Number plates are also altered to fool speed cameras and avoid paying charges in London and other areas.

42 minutes ago, mart said:

I doubt very much that Padders has one. They are driven by attention seeking idiots with a small penis. 

Edit: I confirm that I have no idea about the size of Padder's  slong. Just saying like.

That’s Padders to a T  😀

• Confused 1

The problem is that these things are not effectively policed.It has always been the case that a number plate must be the correct font and spacing and without fixings that make it look like a word it is not!I am aware of people who affix a legal plate for the MOT.There are a number of laws that are not followed by selfish,self entitled persons..when using a car........loud "music"......parking on double yellow lines,parking on bends and road junctions,using mobile phones,causing an obstruction,speeding and driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs amongst the many things I witness when using our roads.It is time that these people are taught a hard lesson!

58 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

The problem is that these things are not effectively policed.It has always been the case that a number plate must be the correct font and spacing and without fixings that make it look like a word it is not!I am aware of people who affix a legal plate for the MOT.There are a number of laws that are not followed by selfish,self entitled persons..when using a car........loud "music"......parking on double yellow lines,parking on bends and road junctions,using mobile phones,causing an obstruction,speeding and driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs amongst the many things I witness when using our roads.It is time that these people are taught a hard lesson!

Well yes this upgrade won't change much. Would like to know how many fixed penalties have been issued for incorrectly formatted plates in the last year, for instance. 

• Like 1

It seems you can do pretty much what you like on the roads network without getting caught these days, apart from speeding or going through a red light when there are cameras about.  There seems to be very little proactive roads policing.

Smoking weed in a line of traffic, noisy toytown exhaust tailpipes, blinding lights, toytown number plates and drug couriering for starters!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1