Would Sheffield Survive Without Motoring Offences?

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Do have have any evidence of this or are you just assume others do this?

Sounds like you need a retest if you are so easily distracted.

I have Cat B thru to DE on the back of my licence, I've proved multiple times to the Government that I drive to a high standard 

In several of my ongoing training session (40hrs every 5 years, to maintain those qualifications) it has been stated by DVSA trainers that no-one is ever 100% focused and not one driver who claims they drive 100% to the letter is telling the truth because 100% adherence at all times isn't possible. It may not be down to intent, it may be a misjudgement, a brief lapse in concentration, but they still happen. 

5 minutes ago, Resident said:

I have Cat B thru to DE on the back of my licence, I've proved multiple times to the Government that I drive to a high standard 

And yet you seem so easily distracted. 

Funny that 🙄

On 14/07/2023 at 20:44, Ashcroft said:

If every driver in Sheffield stuck to the law, What would replace the money in fines? Or even motoring  in general as there seems to be a lot of income from the motorist.

In answer to your question - yes

Close thread please

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Show me a driver that claims they never speed, always follows the rules and always has full attention on the road and using a mirror I'll show you a liar.

I think we should have to take our driving test every 10 years and then more frequent the older you get 

9 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think we should have to take our driving test every 10 years and then more frequent the older you get 

Logistically impossible. Examiners can't cope with the number of tests now, imagine needing 10s of thousands more. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2023 at 11:10, Jack Grey said:

Maybe it's time to start charging Students council tax 

I think this has already been answered.

Something else to think about though is the amount of money students spend in the local economy.

5 hours ago, redruby said:

I think this has already been answered.

Something else to think about though is the amount of money students spend in the local economy.

Them spending their money in Vodka Revolution and Pizza Hut doesnt contribute towards things like waste collection and disposal. transport and highway services, street lighting and cleaning, and road maintenance etc etc 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Them spending their money in Vodka Revolution and Pizza Hut doesnt contribute towards things like waste collection and disposal. transport and highway services, street lighting and cleaning, and road maintenance etc etc 

It does. 

The VAT and other taxes due on those products and businesses, will help to fund the services you mention.

Council tax only generates roughly 50% of Local Authority funding. The rest comes from general taxation and business rates. The money spent by students will contribute to that.