Imf : Education Lost To Covid Will 'Scar World For Years'

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Can we just emphasise this, in answer to the headline "Education lost to Covid will ‘scar world for years’", OG says : So what ?

I have already answered this in post #2 as follows

It's happened and we still haven't figured out how to turn clocks back and undo things.

Live with it.

I would venture that some peoples education doesn't seem to have done them a lot of good anyway.

Are you saying that we can turn back time and undo what we did ?

There is nothing we can do.  It is now lost in time. whether we were right or wrong we dealt with it and can only learn lessons.

That's what the Covid inquiry is all about but you must be patient like everyone else.

You might also realise that these are just newspaper headlines ( that happen to suit your mindset ) and you can find anything to match your view in one newspaper or another.

If you have any ideas of the possibility of going back in time, then let us know.  Otherwise, give it a break for a change.

•  
Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

If you, and all the others on here would say we shouldn't have done it but we cannot turn the clock back, then there would be less point to this thread, I agree.

There would still be some point because new evidence coming out is, to many people, interesting in itself.

But, somewhat inconsistently, you regularly make statements implying, or even saying, you think we did the right thing by suppressing society. The implication of which is we should do the same thing next time.

Can we just emphasise this, in answer to the IMF's statement that "Education lost to Covid will ‘scar world for years’",  Mr Meltman says : "covid crap"

I am not uttering words that I don't believe,  just to keep you happy.   I think the opposite of you and that's where I will stay.   You want everyone to agree with you and it's not going to happen.

Whatever I think and whatever I say is irrelevant because I am just a nobody,  like you,   who's views will not be taken into account by anybody who makes the decisions.

Can we just emphasise this, that Mr Meltman has every right to his own views  and can we emphasise this,   That as Presley says   " You are obsessed"

18 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

If you, and all the others on here would say we shouldn't have done it but we cannot turn the clock back, then there would be less point to this thread, I agree.

There would still be some point because new evidence coming out is, to many people, interesting in itself.

But, somewhat inconsistently, you regularly make statements implying, or even saying, you think we did the right thing by suppressing society. The implication of which is we should do the same thing next time.

Can we just emphasise this, in answer to the IMF's statement that "Education lost to Covid will ‘scar world for years’",  Mr Meltman says : "covid crap"

Hmm...

I've got to say the IMF complaining about "education lost to Covid will 'scar the world for years'" is a bit rich. 

Many countries who went to the IMF for financial assistance found that the IMF impose extremely stringent conditions on those countries which involve amongst other things  savage public sector cuts (such as in education). And those countries certainly experienced "scarring"!

So less clutching at pearls from the IMF, I think.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

oh not noticed, been busy generally so not had time, no wonder hes randomly posting covid crap all over then

COVID crap?

Oh yeah I seem to remember you wanted more lockdowns and for longer

Didn't you want anyone who ignored those rules to be severely punished? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Just bit more collateral damage....

Education lost to Covid will ‘scar world for years’
IMF warns the impact on young people will hamper the world’s economy for decades

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/07/13/education-disrupted-covid-lockdowns-impact-world/

Education Lost to Lockdowns Will “Scar World for Years”, Says IMF

Educations ruined by Covid lockdowns will impact the world for years, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned, as it said the outlook for the global economy is the “bleakest” it has been in decades.

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/07/13/education-lost-to-lockdowns-will-scar-world-for-years-says-imf/

Yep such is life. Now it's up to those young people and teachers to make up for lost time. 

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yep such is life. Now it's up to those young people and teachers to make up for lost time. 

A friend of mine works in the field of SEN, and she did a lot of work online with pupils, and she was saying that some of her students really thrived educationally during lockdown. They were much more able to concentrate at school, and found the home environment much more conducive to learning.

However I do know that there are many thousands of more children 'missing' from schools since lockdown ended. Perhaps those children 'got out of the habit' of going to school.

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Teachers are too busy striking for more money and more time off

They just had 2 years off on full pay 

Not all teachers.

Some teachers in 'special schools' had to go in, and there were children of 'key workers' who went into schools as well. 

As I indicated above there is technology like Google Classroom which enable lessons to happen through computers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

COVID crap?

Not what I know of, no, I do think people should be sent to visit families of those that have died and doctors and nurses to see that side of it, don't think I'd class it as a severe punishment

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Moan moan whinge whinge blather blather

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

COVID crap?

It's over now so it makes no difference.

Are you gonna start crying too ?

Get enjoying yourself before it comes back.

It doesn't take very much to get some people on their knees.