Is Sexism In The Workplace Still Rife?

2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The extreme feminists don't care that the job of refuse collection and sewage work etc, is done 99.9% by men, all they care about and want is the clean, safe, higher paid, higher status jobs like CEO's/managers or being an MP, that type of thing. It's all so tiresome.

Really? 

Majority of my colleagues are female and they tend to do the jobs which are low status, physically and emotionally demanding though rewarding. I work in the social care sector.

6 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Are they the extreme feminists I was referring to?

I don't know - I don't even know what an extreme feminist is. Do they wear dungarees and look like 'Millie Tant' from Viz?  :confused: 

How many extreme feminists do you know, and how do you know that the women in senior positions are extreme feminists? 

If you look across workplaces, even in health, primary education and social care, yes they have many females working in them, but senior positions are held by men.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cressida said:

Sexism  - do people still regard it as one of the most hated behaviours to protest about.  Has it lessened due to the amount of media attention it garnered,  or do we hear less of it because of other protests?

Have sexual jokes and innuendo replaced it as a means to embarrass others?

The rudest and most filthy jokes usually came from women in my experience.  I'm no prude but it's fair to say I blushed at some of the stuff that was said. 

All in good fun of course. 🙄

36 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The rudest and most filthy jokes usually came from women in my experience.  I'm no prude but it's fair to say I blushed at some of the stuff that was said. 

All in good fun of course. 🙄

Doubt if you knew the "Buffer" girls Daddy.

Woe betide any man brave (or stupid) enough to walk through the buffing shop.

They'd pull yer pants down and black your balls....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Doubt if you knew the "Buffer" girls Daddy.

Woe betide any man brave (or stupid) enough to walk through the buffing shop.

They'd pull yer pants down and black your balls....

My bold

I usually have to pay for that 😬