Is Sexism In The Workplace Still Rife?

No I've not seen any of that,  boredom?  

I couldn't take my eyes off the school gardener,  not because I fancied him but because he was a distraction from what must have been a boring subject - I've just realised why I was moved to the other side of the classroom.

Anyway it was rumoured he was having an affair with one of the gym teachers.

Whoever it is,  men or women,  they become bolder when in a group, it's as if it doesn't matter if they all get the blame - hose them down and put them in the cooler.

49 minutes ago, rogets said:

You see how women react when a workman like an electrician, window cleaner or plumber arrives at the workplace to do a job?

See how the women react when the window cleaner is cleaning windows

Then ask that question is sexism still rife at work

Unless the reaction of the women is that a man shouldn't be doing these jobs at all, or that a woman would do the job better...

...then neither of these are examples of sexism. 🙄

Edited by Magilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rogets said:

You see how women react when a workman like an electrician, window cleaner or plumber arrives at the workplace to do a job?

See how the women react when the window cleaner is cleaning windows

Then ask that question is sexism still rife at work

Like this? 😁

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

Not sure if it's wiser to know what a guy is really like or fall for one who pretends to be a gent.  there must be an in-between somewhere.

I think there is a fine balance

Opening doors, buying dinner,  giving her my jacket when's she cold

But she has to accept when we put our foot down to keep her crazy in check

All women know they're mental....it's what's so fascinating about them 

That's what a relationship is all about...give and take 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Haha 1

I've been told off before now with 'it's your way or the highway'  can't think why.

When I had the builders in one of the younger ones told me they always wait for the woman to make the first move so it would leave them without blame -  I'm sure all builders aren't like that though.

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

I've been told off before now with 'it's your way or the highway'  can't think why.

When I had the builders in one of the younger ones told me they always wait for the woman to make the first move so it would leave them without blame -  I'm sure all builders aren't like that though.

You have a lot of builders in

That's not a euthnism

You need to date a builder.....get all that stuff done for free 😜

Edited by Jack Grey

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I was once cornered by a very posh lady up Dore and Totley when building her extension , She said she thought. It was part of the service when having a man in .

Her husband came to Sheffield to help set up the new VAT office , She kissed Good by in the morning wearing  pinny  and nice blouse , half an hour later it was leather mini skirt  and skimpy top when she gave me a cuppa and a tart or biscuit .

Working in the trench and looking up as she discussed the job is a sight that stays with me  60 years later . Sexism  at work , who knows but the job took ages .