Is Sexism In The Workplace Still Rife?

I was constantly hit on and worse by my female boss, 15 years older than me, knew full well I was in a solid relationship. I found it very uncomfortable, I once had to get her to stop the car and I got out and took some persuading not to get the train home. I was leaned on not to report it and on it went. Eventually despite being warned off I confronted her and she denied any of it had happened, I said all I can do is have this same conversation in front of a tribunal and see what they think. She resigned 2 days later, losing masses of pay-outs and pension. I didn't get any actual justice, and of course those that warned me off then went after me, pfft. Those involved are probably the only people who's passing would make me smile.

Oddly at the same time there was a senior male hitting on a younger female and he found himself moved into an office on his own next to the head of department, where he could be kept an eye on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I was constantly hit on and worse by my female boss, 15 years older than me, knew full well I was in a solid relationship. I found it very uncomfortable, I once had to get her to stop the car and I got out and took some persuading not to get the train home. I was leaned on not to report it and on it went. Eventually despite being warned off I confronted her and she denied any of it had happened, I said all I can do is have this same conversation in front of a tribunal and see what they think. She resigned 2 days later, losing masses of pay-outs and pension. I didn't get any actual justice, and of course those that warned me off then went after me, pfft. Those involved are probably the only people who's passing would make me smile.

Oddly at the same time there was a senior male hitting on a younger female and he found himself moved into an office on his own next to the head of department, where he could be kept an eye on.

It's totally subjective

If you get hit on by someone you like them it's great

And if you don't like them then it's not great

Most people I know are with people they met at work or through work

So it's a bit if a minefield 

• Like 1

So what,  there are some human beings who can't take a hint and can cause a lot of trouble,  younger females particularly are at most risk of being targeted,  I've never seen young guys facing sexual harassment but expect that happens too. 

So,  if you believe someone on the forum is experiencing this sort of behaviour would you log it with the admin'moderator?

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

I once broke down with my car at Meadowhall.

Whilst looking under the bonnet, a young lady approached and said "Would you like a screw driver"

I totally ignored her, and she walked away....

Do you regret it?  

Yes,  I know you were joking.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Palomar said:

Brazen hussy