France's New Bill Allowing Police To Remotely Activate Cameras On Citizens' Phon

Just now, RollingJ said:

Nothing in life is certain - except death, but the Chinese mindset is totally different to that here.

Agreed. However look how easily the public were controlled during the lockdown silliness. 

It was a dictators wet dream come to life.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Agreed. However look how easily the public were controlled during the lockdown silliness. 

It was a dictators wet dream come to life.

Oh no, not Checkov's favourite subject?

I thought this topic was about the French introducing something we already have had in the UK for a number of years?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Oh no, not Checkov's favourite subject?

I thought this topic was about the French introducing something we already have had in the UK for a number of years?

My bold.

🤣

Underlined

It is but conversations tend to evolve. Especially on Sheffield Forum. 

1 minute ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Much of the political elite in western countries secretly admire many aspects of how China operates, particularly the social credit system and would to introduce it here and they are intending to, but  It will be, and is being done much more subtly and intelligently than the more direct Chinese approach, all under the pretence of things like protecting the environment. 

If you sat so. :confused:

35 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Much of the political elite in western countries secretly admire many aspects of how China operates, particularly the social credit system and would love to introduce it here and they are intending to, but  It will be, and is being done much more subtly and intelligently than the more direct Chinese approach, all under the pretence of things like protecting the environment. 

Recorded deaths in China were well below the average, so lockdown worked for them?

5 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

There came a point under the previous regime where conversations were not allowed to evolve; threads were often closed down for going "off topic." No wonder people cleared off in droves.

Taking the thread even further off topic - well done!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

There came a point under the previous regime where conversations were not allowed to evolve; threads were often closed down for going "off topic." No wonder people cleared off in droves.

Yeah I remember. Grim times indeed.

Right, let's get back on topic. @RollingJ might still be watching and I don't want to get in trouble 😬