Privatise The Nhs?

It's awesome 

But wouldn't it be better if something other than politicians were held accountable for performance and budgets

The left love the NHS because when it fails they can blame politicians and when it's successful they can praise the doctors and nurses 

It's time to take the NHS out of politics

Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

It's awesome 

But wouldn't it be better if something other than politicians were held accountable for performance and budgets

The left love the NHS because when it fails they can blame politicians and when it's successful they can praise the doctors and nurses 

Your thoughts?

Privatisation of public services and utilities,plus the outsourcing of essential services has been such a triumph in so many areas !

Poor performance and lack of investment in the interest of foreign owned enterprises and their shareholders.

That sounds like a winner to me.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's awesome 

Your thoughts?

The problems with the NHS lies with it's management more that the politicians. The same managers who will happily bleat in the media that the government doesn't fund the NHS enough, whilst wasting multiple billions each year because doing so gets them a bigger pension pot with the suppliers etc they're colluding with. 

Management that locks Trusts into specific suppliers whom then inflate the prices, sometimes upwards of 4000% above RETAIL because they know the Trust needs the product and can't go elsewhere.

The ideals and planned operation of the NHS have LONG GONE and what we're left with is a public fund slush fund for management to plunder. 

Asking the question should the NHS be disbanded and privatised isn't as straight-forward yes/no.

The NHS should remain a public service, yes, however in it's current operation model it needs to go. It needs to go back to the ideals and planned operation. Trusts need to be able to buy on a free and open market to get the best price and not overpay through the public nose.

For reference for those about to say the Tories have underfunded the NHS since 2013

In 2013, under a Labour budget was just over £110billion, in 2023 it's £188billion, which is a rise of £7.8billion each year (average)

People need to wake up and see that the ones that shout the government isn't giving them enough mean that they're not giving them enough to be able to skim off the top without noticing. 

It's awesome 

Some "thing"?

What is this thing, and who holds them accountable if not the government?

...because it's worked so well with every other privatised public service in terms of accountability, or involvement of politics?

Public services are, by definition, inextricably linked to politics, all ways will be... so good luck with that.

Your thoughts?

Privatisation won't make one jot of difference to the involvement of politics in any public service, ultimately the buck always stops with the government.

Edited by Magilla

23 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Some "thing"?

What is this thing, and who holds them accountable if not the government?

...because it's worked so well with every other privatised public service in terms of accountability, or involvement of politics?

Public services are, by definition, inextricably linked to politics, all ways will be... so good luck with that.

Privatisation won't make one jot of difference to the involvement of politics in any public service, ultimately the buck always stops with the government.

Thanks for cleaning up my English

I don't always have my reading glasses to hand but I'll sleep well at night knowing you're there to proof read my posts

Anyway.....

I remember the days when national rail was an international joke

It's not perfect but it works better than it did

Also, I'm suspicious of lefties who think that the Tories are useless at everything but are happy for them to run the NHS

Is it because it suits their political narrative?

I suspect that if labour win the next election they will spend four years blaming the Tories for it's failures and the merry go round will just continue

Just like immigration 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Haha 1

Privatisations, no buses , no steel works , no pits  , and if the NHS  goes the same way no health care for poor people, Those with Good incomes , pensions and inherited wealth are just a gang of "I'm alright Jacks and sod the rest.

As some one who has just had cancer treatment at the wonderful Western Park hospital I can honestly say I was treated brilliantly , There is no way I could have paid for it in a million years .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Privatisations, no buses , no steel works , no pits  , and if the NHS  goes the same way no health care for poor people, Those with Good incomes , pensions and inherited wealth are just a gang of "I'm alright Jacks and sod the rest.

As some one who has just had cancer treatment at the wonderful Western Park hospital I can honestly say I was treated brilliantly , There is no way I could have paid for it in a million years .

No healthcare for poor people is absolute BS

We all know that it's poor people who get everything for free while hardworking tax payers pay for it all

Also, all those industries you've mentioned were not destroyed by privatisation but by the unions

The car industry and coal is a prime example 

The vast majority of people can't wait for driverless trains so we can get rid of the hard left partisan unions 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Thanks for cleaning up my English

I don't always have my reading glasses to hand but I'll sleep well at night knowing you're there to proof read my posts

Anyway.....

I remember the days when national rail was an international joke

It's not perfect but it works better than it did

Also, I'm suspicious of lefties who think that the Tories are useless at everything but are happy for them to run the NHS

Is it because it suits their political narrative?

I suspect that if labour win the next election they will spend four years blaming the Tories for it's failures and the merry go round will just continue

Just like immigration 

Have no idea what you refer to re: English. What is this "thing" to which you refer? Who holds it accountable if not the government?

Re: National rail. Privatisation in no way removed the politics angle, quite the opposite.

Re: Labour blaming the Tories... could anyone, at this point, claim they don't have a point?

Edited by Magilla

4 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Have no idea what you refer to re: English. What is this "thing" to which you refer? Who holds it accountable if not the government?

Re: National rail. Privatisation in no way removed the politics angle, quite the opposite.

Re: Labour blaming the Tories... could anyone, at this point, claim they don't have a point?

Yeah the Tories have been disastrous but because they have gone so far left that they make Blair look right wing

Go woke go broke is not just a soundbite.....it's true

Do I think Labour could've done a better job at issues like COVID? 

Haha.....no

So the Tories need to be taught a lesson at the next election so they come back harder and stronger

Labour getting into power for 4 years will put the Tories into power for another decade 

27 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Yeah the Tories have been disastrous but because they have gone so far left that they make Blair look right wing

[irrelevant nonsense snipped...]

Cool storey bro... :loopy:

So... any news on how privatisation could possibly remove politics from the running of the NHS?

Is healthcare devoid of any political influence, or political consequence.... whether it's privatised or not... anywhere? :suspect:

Edited by Magilla