Privatise The Nhs?

54 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

A giant barge has moored off the coast of Dorset. It’s going to house 500 illegal migrants. It’s got it’s own mini NHS on board, a dentist and doctor.  One lady who lives in the area said there are only two doctor's practices on the Isle of Portland which already has a population of 13,000 people and a single dentist. 

More work for the overstretched NHS.

That can't be right, surely?

2 hours ago, despritdan said:

No, I'm sure they were all highly qualified doctors and nurses who will never grow old, never get ill, never use the NHS, never claim any benefits, never commit any crimes, never add to the demand for houses, food, water, energy etc, never add to road congestion and pollution by driving cars and never transfer any money they earn in this country to their own countries. Let's not forget that they'll all pay more into the system than they'll ever take out which is why the national debt is coming down every year. Hang on though, it isn't; it's actually increasing every year as the population increases. It must be all those fat white diabetics that are to blame. The same applies of course to the 600,000 who'll be coming here this year, next year, the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that.....

Also when they get permission to stay in this country they can then apply to bring their families over which generally includes elderly relatives like a mother or father

Maybe who have had no access to medical care so it's like Christmas when they get here 

Heart surgery, hip replacements, cancer treatment....all free on the NHS

Also there are a lot from the African regions who need to be treated for HIV which costs the NHS over £25,000 a year for the rest of their lives 

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Also when they get permission to stay in this country they can then apply to bring their families over which generally includes elderly relatives like a mother or father

Maybe who have had no access to medical care so it's like Christmas when they get here 

Heart surgery, hip replacements, cancer treatment....all free on the NHS

Also there are a lot from the African regions who need to be treated for HIV which costs the NHS over £25,000 a year for the rest of their lives 

Simple answer   -   Pay our doctors and nurses a wage which reflects their skills and value   ( I wonder if MP's pay reflects their skills and value ? )

And then of course,   they would be happy to carry on working for the NHS, which would save us from having to import doctors and nurses from other countries in the first place.

There's always an answer for those who have more than half a brain.

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Simple answer   -   Pay our doctors and nurses a wage which reflects their skills and value   ( I wonder if MP's pay reflects their skills and value ? )

And then of course,   they would be happy to carry on working for the NHS, which would save us from having to import doctors and nurses from other countries in the first place.

I thought most of the boat people and asylum seekers were doctors?

Crikey, never happy some people.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Doctors earn a very good wage

Consultants are laughing all the way to the bank most of whom are millionaires 

Nurses should be paid a bit more

But the pensions and benefits are incredible for everyone 

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Whatever gave you that thought, I don't know,  but you thought wrong, as always.

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Doctors earn a very good wage

Consultants are laughing all the way to the bank most of whom are millionaires 

Nurses should be paid a bit more

But the pensions and benefits are incredible for everyone 

You don't seem to realise that it's them who have to be satisfied with their pay and not you, and it's them who decide whether the pay is adequate.

Makes you wonder why they are all so keen to leave then,  doesn't it   Do you have a explanation ?

Besides doctors and nurses, the NHS needs lots of staff.  The care assistants in hospitals actually do most of the work that qualified nurses used to do.

If their pay  is not adequate,  they won't stay either.

I know you are just worrying about your taxes but I manage to pay them without  blubbering, so what's up with you ?

15 hours ago, Mister M said:
2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

A giant barge has moored off the coast of Dorset. It’s going to house 500 illegal migrants. It’s got it’s own mini NHS on board, a dentist and doctor.  One lady who lives in the area said there are only two doctor's practices on the Isle of Portland which already has a population of 13,000 people and a single dentist. 

More work for the overstretched NHS.

I think that's an important point, as the population is aging, who's going to be paying for public services?

IIRC there have been a number of studies which have shown that those who migrate to our country are net contributors.

Their teeth will be good too, they wont be used to eating the highly processed sugar filled diet that we eat.

48 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Lest we forget your posting on the 'Climate Change' thread where you openly stated that you were a 'Dimwit'.  Since then I've seen litter in the way of wit but plenty of dim in your postings. 

Other posters take note.    He doesn't really bring anything to any debate only a modicum of stupidity that he's happy to admit. 

Note: You can find the word 'modicum' under 'M' in the dictionary if that helps?  Your welcome. 

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Lest we forget your posting on the 'Climate Change' thread where you openly stated that you were a 'Dimwit'.  Since then I've seen litter in the way of wit but plenty of dim in your postings. 

Other posters take note.    He doesn't really bring anything to any debate only a modicum of stupidity that he's happy to admit. 

Note: You can find the word 'modicum' under 'M' in the dictionary if that helps?  Your welcome. 

He's on my ignore list

The guy is a buffoon