Privatise The Nhs?

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The governments problem is that there are staff shortages, throughout the NHS and the care sector,  which they cannot fill.

Arguing about the numbers they employ has nothing at all to do with that.

Do you deny that there are massive staff shortages in the NHS and care sectors and, do you deny  that the government has had recruitment problems for a good while ?

When you've explained that away,  tell us the usual strategy to overcome recruitment problems.  CLUE:  There are 2 and the government is doing none of them ( except for talk about it )

The dental checkups are to save more work and cost at a later date.    Everyone except you,  has heard of preventative medicine.

Would you like to discuss the NHS ?

Not right now, bit busy trying to get my BBQ fired up,

Edited by Al Bundy

17 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The governments problem is that there are staff shortages, throughout the NHS and the care sector,  which they cannot fill.

Arguing about the numbers they employ has nothing at all to do with that.

Do you deny that there are massive staff shortages in the NHS and care sectors and, do you deny  that the government has had recruitment problems for a good while ?

When you've explained that away,  tell us the usual strategy to overcome recruitment problems.  CLUE:  There are 2 and the government is doing none of them ( except for talk about it )

The dental checkups are to save more work and cost at a later date.    Everyone except you,  has heard of preventative medicine.

in an era of fluoride toothpaste, what percentage of adult 6 monthly checkups result in some treatment (that the patient didn't already know about) ... My guess would be a tiny number.  If every mot you have passes, it's time to question why they have to be so frequent. They also force you to make multiple appointments, when in the past one would do, highly inefficient

I'm not arguing about the numbers, I'm saying 1.5 million people accept the pay and conditions, if they didn't they wouldn't be there.

perhaps moderating a twitter feed is a bit easier than wiping someones backside. 182 billion ...

Edited by fools

20 minutes ago, fools said:

have you read his posts?

Actually, yes. I've just seen one on another thread written in red and was quite shocked. Ogangrinder never used to stoop to this level. Unfortunately maybe he's trying to fight fire with fire. That's what happens when somewhere down the line, a poster (doesn't matter who) gets offensive and starts to attack the messenger not the message.

It usually spirals out of control until it's the level of childish catcalling in a children's playground, and the thread is lost.

So I ask all people not to fall into tit for tat insults no matter how provoked you feel, (and I include myself in this, I've been tempted on many occasions.) We're adults not children, but we all have feelings too. Remember that, and please, tread lightly.

Edited by Anna B

56 minutes ago, fools said:

in an era of fluoride toothpaste, what percentage of adult 6 monthly checkups result in some treatment (that the patient didn't already know about) ... My guess would be a tiny number.  If every mot you have passes, it's time to question why they have to be so frequent. They also force you to make multiple appointments, when in the past one would do, highly inefficient

I'm not arguing about the numbers, I'm saying 1.5 million people accept the pay and conditions, if they didn't they wouldn't be there.

perhaps moderating a twitter feed is a bit easier than wiping someones backside. 182 billion ...

NHS,   Care Services and Dentistry can't work on the basis of your guess, especially with that being a guess from someone with no health qualifications at all. They do prefer real numbers.

Sounds like you should take up with the laughable government who are supposed to be running them.

I doubt whether Sunak would be impressed with your argument.

Doesn't matter how many accept the pay and conditions,  we need far more health professionals,  and if they will not accept the pay and conditions, what are you going to do. ?

I've no idea what the reference to twitter means  or the 182 billion ?     -   I've never used Twitter and never will.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

NHS,   Care Services and Dentistry can't work on the basis of your guess, especially with that being a guess from someone with no health qualifications at all. They do prefer real numbers.

Sounds like you should take up with the laughable government who are supposed to be running them.

I doubt whether Sunak would be impressed with your argument.

Doesn't matter how many accept the pay and conditions,  we need far more health professionals,  and if they will not accept the pay and conditions, what are you going to do. ?

I've no idea what the reference to twitter means  or the 182 billion ?     -   I've never used Twitter and never will.

I don't need a single qualification to spot ineptitude / mismanagement / misdiagnosis/ inefficient use of resources /waste. Checkups are just a tickbox exercise, to please someone making the rules up - most people go only because they will get thrown off the patient list if they don't - a ridiculous way to run a health system.

182 billion - nhs budget, enough to shutup most people, but not lefties, never happy - if it was 300 billion, you'd be moaning about the crushing level of taxation needed to pay for it.

twitter is where you get the real news (if you apply a commonsense filter), not the msm balderdash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Actually, yes. I've just seen one on another thread written in red and was quite shocked. Ogangrinder never used to stoop to this level. Unfortunately maybe he's trying to fight fire with fire. That's what happens when somewhere down the line, a poster (doesn't matter who) gets offensive and starts to attack the messenger not the message.

It usually spirals out of control until it's the level of childish catcalling in a children's playground, and the thread is lost.

So I ask all people not to fall into tit for tat insults no matter how provoked you feel, (and I include myself in this, I've been tempted on many occasions.) We're adults not children, but we all have feelings too. Remember that, and please, tread lightly.

I thought I had better explain my use of colour in my  posts.

I have had many weary debates with 3 posters in particular who insist on writing a page so long,  that it takes up all my screen.

These same people tend to also include lots of you tube videos etc.

Trying to answer them properly is hard work because of  the scrolling and keeping tabs on how far down you have got.

My solution was instead of posting underneath and spending the day scrolling up & down.  I began to write in between their lines to answer each question  .

If I stuck to the default colour, I couldn't tell  ( nor would anyone else )  which was my  writing and which was the other posters. 

Hence the use of red type to differentiate my text from theirs. When I got used to this, I started using it as a good way to make other points.

If anyone objects to the use of red type,  they should be reminded that the colour of type is not important, the name of the poster is not important   -   the message is what it's all about.

It would be  far more interesting if more posters would stick to the subject under debate, instead of trying to  score points with the poster himself.

5 minutes ago, fools said:

I don't need a single qualification to spot ineptitude / mismanagement / misdiagnosis/ inefficient use of resources /waste. Checkups are just a tickbox exercise, to please someone making the rules up - most people go only because they will get thrown off the patient list if they don't - a ridiculous way to run a health system.

182 billion - nhs budget, enough to shutup most people, but not lefties, never happy - if it was 300 billion, you'd be moaning about the crushing level of taxation needed to pay for it.

twitter is where you get the real news (if you apply a commonsense filter), not the msm balderdash.

Better report your findings to Sunak then because , God, does he need some help.

I have said many times that it doesn't need more money, it needs massive reorganisation. so that argument is pointless to me.   I have never ever moaned about taxation,  that's the righties.

I have never used Twitter.  I will never ever use Twitter.   -  how long does it take before you understand my stance on twitter ???????????????

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Better report your findings to Sunak then because , God, does he need some help.

I have said many times that it doesn't need more money, it needs massive reorganisation. so that argument is pointless to me.   I have never ever moaned about taxation,  that's the righties.

I have never used Twitter.  I will never ever use Twitter.   -  how long does it take before you understand my stance on twitter ???????????????

what makes you think I care about your use of twitter, or lack of it. More fool you if you prefer to believe the crap being pumped out by msm.

we have ongoing post elsewhere from lefties, moaning endlessly about fake poverty, cost of living, I doubt very much they will be pleased about a doubling of taxation, unless of course someone else pays for it.

17 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I thought I had better explain my use of colour in my  posts.

I have had many weary debates with 3 posters in particular who insist on writing a page so long,  that it takes up all my screen.

These same people tend to also include lots of you tube videos etc.

Trying to answer them properly is hard work because of  the scrolling and keeping tabs on how far down you have got.

My solution was instead of posting underneath and spending the day scrolling up & down.  I began to write in between their lines to answer each question  .

If I stuck to the default colour, I couldn't tell  ( nor would anyone else )  which was my  writing and which was the other posters. 

Hence the use of red type to differentiate my text from theirs. When I got used to this, I started using it as a good way to make other points.

If anyone objects to the use of red type,  they should be reminded that the colour of type is not important, the name of the poster is not important   -   the message is what it's all about.

It would be  far more interesting if more posters would stick to the subject under debate, instead of trying to  score points with the poster himself.

On the thread I asked about this , you didn’t do that .