Gb News 'Star' Dan Wootton Unmasked In Cash-For-Sexual Images Catfishing Scandal

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You seem to be certain he's full of it?

Why?

Round about the 1:18 mark Wootton tries to discredit the allegations saying that they come from an organisation that employs a convicted phone hacker. Okay....

But wasn't Dan Wootton the showbiz editor at the News of the World? A newspaper that closed down due to phone hacking 

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Round about the 1:18 mark Wootton tries to discredit the allegations saying that they come from an organisation that employs a convicted phone hacker. Okay....

But wasn't Dan Wootton the showbiz editor at the News of the World? A newspaper that closed down due to phone hacking 

My bold.

Did he have anything to do with the phone hacking?

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Seems the best he can muster is that he never did anything illegal, plus a bit of "human fallibility" and "errors of judgement"... did I miss the bit where he is actually denying any of it? :suspect:

Edited by Magilla

The salavating by some at the thought of someone who is not on their side doing something wrong is quite a sight to behold.

Is there a whiff of homophobia about it?

It's also a compliment that some think this alleged scandal by a presenter on a news channel that apparently no one watches is as big as the one regarding the main presenter and national treasure on the BBC.

Edited by Al Bundy

He needs to be more open about these mistakes he's made in the past that he refers to or it will only lead to more speculation. I agree with him about the Establishment wanting to close down GB News for not having a woke agenda.

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

The salavating by some at the thought of someone who is not on their side doing something wrong is quite a sight to behold.

... especially when they were salivating, only last week, about someone else in the same situation. :?

Is there a whiff of homophobia about it?

Desperate stuff indeed. :?

Nonsense, of course.

It's also a compliment that some think this alleged scandal by a presenter on a news channel that apparently no one watches is as big as the one regarding the main presenter and national treasure on the BBC.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

38 minutes ago, Magilla said:

... especially when they were salivating, only last week, about someone else in the same situation. :?

Desperate stuff indeed. :?

Nonsense, of course.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

I agree, it's just that someone else mentioned this regarding Huw.

When it suits of course.  😉

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

There are similarities - both involving news presenters and photos.

The big difference between the Edwards case, and what Wootton is alleged to have done is that Edwards' partner knew that Edwards was asking for naked photos of him. In that respect it was consensual.

What Wootton is alleged to have done is 'catfishing' - so he creates a fake identity on social media for people to think he's someone else so as to obtain the naked photos he wants.

I'm not a lawyer so I've no idea if obtaining something by deception is a crime, but if I was Edwards I wouldn't regard it as a compliment to be associated with what Wootton is alleged to have done.