Gb News 'Star' Dan Wootton Unmasked In Cash-For-Sexual Images Catfishing Scandal

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

There are similarities - both involving news presenters and photos.

The big difference between the Edwards case, and what Wootton is alleged to have done is that Edwards' partner knew that Edwards was asking for naked photos of him. In that respect it was consensual.

What Wootton is alleged to have done is 'catfishing' - so he creates a fake identity on social media for people to think he's someone else so as to obtain the naked photos he wants.

I'm not a lawyer so I've no idea if obtaining something by deception is a crime, but if I was Edwards I wouldn't regard it as a compliment to be associated with what Wootton is alleged to have done.

For the record I really dont get the hysterical reaction to the Huw Edwards case, he has just been a very silly boy.

Regards Wootton, if he has done what's alleged then he deserves all the flak he gets.

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Did he have anything to do with the phone hacking?

I've no idea.

But in his televised explanation yesterday, he expresses an obvious distaste for phone hacking which made me wonder why, after he found out that the News of the World had hacked into people's phones, he chose to work for The Sun which also had hacked into people's phones.

Or perhaps the Sun hadn't been found to have have hacked into people's phones at that point - I can't remember....But it does seem a stretch that Wootton claims the allegations against him are the 'dark forces' designed to bring down GBNews. I don't think the Byline Times mentioned GBNews. Just him.

Edited by Mister M

19 minutes ago, fools said:

and he's off, again

That's right. I'm posting a link to the second part of a three year investigation conducted by Byline Times.

Is that against this forum's rules? Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion about Wooton?

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

That's right. I'm posting a link to the second part of a three year investigation conducted by Byline Times.

Is that against this forum's rules? Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion about Wooton?

your last reference to that publication didn't end well, do you ever learn

10 minutes ago, fools said:

your last reference to that publication didn't end well, do you ever learn

You mean my reference to this article 

Ofcom finds GB News in breach of broadcasting rules for a second time - Ofcom

I said that in relation to the reporting of Covid-19, GBNews had been censured at least twice by Ofcom. I then linked this article as evidence of my claim.

You then said I need to read the article "slowly and carefully", whilst also saying that you "did not need to read the article as you knew what was in it".

The Ofcom report linked above concludes that:

"We have launched four investigations into the channel, and this is the second breach of our broadcasting rules recorded against GB News since it launched in June 2021."