Gb News 'Star' Dan Wootton Unmasked In Cash-For-Sexual Images Catfishing Scandal

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

Dan Wooton made a good living out of making other people's lives hell.

I'm sharing my joy that he's at least starting to understand what he put others through.

I couldn't care less whether you think I fancy him, though an interesting insight into the workings of your mind. If I did, I'd hardly be gleeful about his 'difficulties'.

I think you're gonna be disappointed

Hes a conservative commentator working for a conservative news channel that's is anti-cancer culture

So unless he's broken the law I dont think they'll get rid of him

In fact that nothing will make them happier to see you lefties outraged and screaming into your Twitter accounts if they don't sack him

You'll have to focus your vicious hatred somewhere else 

Edited by Jack Grey

37 minutes ago, pattricia said:

What does catfishing mean ? 

It means he went online with a fake account acting as someone else

Which considering he's a media personality is quite understandable

In fact most celebrities do exactly the same with even Kim Kardashian and Brad Pitt admitting to having fake accounts so they can use the internet anonymously 

Edited by Jack Grey

7 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think you're gonna be disappointed

Hes a conservative commentator working for a conservative news channel that's is anti-cancer culture

So unless he's broken the law I dont think they'll get rid of him

In fact that nothing will make them happier to see you lefties outraged and screaming into your Twitter accounts if they don't sack him

You'll have to focus your vicious hatred somewhere else 

So hang on a minute, if GBNews is 'anti cancel culture', why have they got Jacob Rees Mogg in their employ?

Mogg, when a Government minister, introduced a vetting scheme in 2022 which disinvites or bans experts from a variety of areas  from speaking at government events relevant to their areas of expertise.

Expert banned from UK government event for tweets that criticised Tories | Conservatives | The Guardian

That's cancel culture in a nutshell. 

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

In fact most celebrities do exactly the same with even Kim Kardashian and Brad Pitt admitting to having fake accounts so they can use the internet anonymously 

Catfishing:

what I did on the Connecticut River at Brattleboro Vt, decades ago.

OR

according to Jack Grey above what he, I and the vast majority of Forum members are doing when we use the internet anonymously.

OR

according to the world,  what a hack does when they go online with a fake account acting as someone else with the aim " ...of luring someone into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona" for the purpose of financial gain or compromise the victim to influence or gain control.

Take your pick but personally it looks like Jack Grey provided biased misinformation is an attempt to 'clean up' the alleged activities of a hack

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Is that why there are a number of Tories on here with fake accounts, multiple user names and pseudonyms? 

Because in real life you're all celebrities?

Westy / Axe could be Jacob Rees Mogg, or one of his servants....With your frequent holidays Jack, in real life you could be Judith Chalmers :hihi:

One of his pseudonyms was Maria Joseph which he invented to allegedly entice naked pictures from straight men. That's quite different from a celebrity like Brad Pitt using the internet anonymously.

19 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So hang on a minute, if GBNews is 'anti cancel culture', why have they got Jacob Rees Mogg in their employ?

Mogg, when a Government minister, introduced a vetting scheme in 2022 which disinvites or bans experts from a variety of areas  from speaking at government events relevant to their areas of expertise.

Expert banned from UK government event for tweets that criticised Tories | Conservatives | The Guardian

That's cancel culture in a nutshell. 

He isn't cancelled though is he. Has he been stopped from giving his opinion, you know like certain folk were on social media platforms?

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

He isn't cancelled though is he. Has he been stopped from giving his opinion, you know like certain folk were on social media platforms?

Exactly, stopped from giving his opinion. 

Not on Government policy generally, but at a Chemical Weapons Demilitarisation Conference, and he a chemical weapons expert would've been the ideal speaker. That's hardly conducive to the culture of free speech that Mogg says he wants to foster.

And he's not the only one, at least 7 other experts were also cancelled from events because they might disagree with aspects of government policy. Very Stasi like.

Imagine if a university disinvited someone from speaking because the local student union didn't like their wider views? I'm sure Mogg would have plenty to say about that!

Edited by Mister M

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Exactly, stopped from giving his opinion. 

Not on Government policy generally, but at a Chemical Weapons Demilitarisation Conference, and he a chemical weapons expert would've been the ideal speaker. That's hardly conducive to the culture of free speech that Mogg says he wants to foster.

And he's not the only one, at least 7 other experts were also cancelled from events because they might disagree with aspects of government policy. Very Stasi like.

Imagine if a university disinvited someone from speaking because the local student union didn't like their wider views? I'm sure Mogg would have plenty to say about that!

Stopped from giving his opinion at certain government shindigs, not the same as being stopped from airing your views at a university.

He has not been cancelled at all.

When you are banned from social media platforms for your views, that's more like being cancelled.