Gb News 'Star' Dan Wootton Unmasked In Cash-For-Sexual Images Catfishing Scandal

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Stopped from giving his opinion at certain government shindigs, not the same as being stopped from airing your views at a university.

He has not been cancelled at all.

When you are banned from social media platforms for your views, that's more like being cancelled.

It's why all the lefties are leaving Twitter because they can't silence and bully people they don't like anymore 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think you're gonna be disappointed

Hes a conservative commentator working for a conservative news channel that's is anti-cancer culture

So unless he's broken the law I dont think they'll get rid of him

In fact that nothing will make them happier to see you lefties outraged and screaming into your Twitter accounts if they don't sack him

You'll have to focus your vicious hatred somewhere else 

The same people who were constantly going on about Schofield and now are after Edwards are defending Wootton. I'm not saying he should be sacked. If you don't like him don't watch/read his stuff. But if these allegation are true then it does raise some questions.

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Stopped from giving his opinion at certain government shindigs, not the same as being stopped from airing your views at a university.

He has not been cancelled at all.

When you are banned from social media platforms for your views, that's more like being cancelled.

Arguably being stopped from giving opinions at government shindigs because you disagree with Government policy is a much bigger blow for free speech, than being stopped from airing your views at a university. One is of greater import than the other, I'm sure you can see that.

And where does it end? If a Tory MP or minister disagrees with government policy then would they be disinvited from speaking at Conservative Party conference?

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Arguably being stopped from giving opinions at government shindigs because you disagree with Government policy is a much bigger blow for free speech, than being stopped from airing your views at a university. One is of greater import than the other, I'm sure you can see that.

And where does it end? If a Tory MP or minister disagrees with government policy then would they be disinvited from speaking at Conservative Party conference?

Agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

It's why all the lefties are leaving Twitter because they can't silence and bully people they don't like anymore 

Indeed.

I can't remember the Guardian having weekly digs at twitter when the left wing Jack Dorsey was the owner, who himself admitted it had a left wing bias.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Agree to disagree.

And that's point. The Tory party are not "agreeing to disagree", they are disinviting and cancelling people who take a different view on one or more of their policies.

Which is good news for lots of us, I look forward to Mark Francois being cancelled by the Tory party after calling the Prime Minister "bent"

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

No one is being cancelled.

Apart from various experts from UK Government events such as Dan Kaszeta, Prof Priyamvada Gopal, Kate Devlin.

I think Jacob Rees Mogg himself expressed disquiet about various academics such as Kathleen Stock or Germaine Greer being 'cancelled' from university events. So he thinks people are being cancelled.

Very hypocritical of Mogg I'd say.

Edited by Mister M

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Apart from various experts from UK Government events such as Dan Kaszeta, Prof Priyamvada Gopal, Kate Devlin.

I think Jacob Rees Mogg himself expressed disquiet about various academics such as Kathleen Stock or Germaine Greer being 'cancelled' from university events. So he thinks people are being cancelled.

Very hypocritical of Mogg I'd say.

Aren't universities in main have non profit status so are not supposed to have political bias?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Aren't universities in main have non profit status so are not supposed to have political bias?

Being a not for profit organization is a meaningless except to how a business is run.

Universities are normally run as not for profit but their charitable status has tax benefits.

Normally charities have to follow the rules of the Charity Commission- Universities are exempt.

The parts of a University such as  Student Clubs, its Students Union, Departments, Faculties, and constituent  Schools and Colleges which make up a University and the Senate in charge, will all express different views. The wide range and  types of Acts of Parliament, Royal  Charters, legal status, charters etc. impose and allow variations in governance and their accountability. 

The conservative Universities authorities, have for a thousand years battled the radical elements within the teaching, research and students bodies  over politics and ideology and it still continues:

Berlin, Prague, Tiananmen Square, White Rose, Paris, Hong Kong, Kent State University, Soweto

44 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Being a not for profit organization is a meaningless except to how a business is run.

Universities are normally run as not for profit but their charitable status has tax benefits.

Normally charities have to follow the rules of the Charity Commission- Universities are exempt.

The parts of a University such as  Student Clubs, its Students Union, Departments, Faculties, and constituent  Schools and Colleges which make up a University and the Senate in charge, will all express different views. The wide range and  types of Acts of Parliament, Royal  Charters, legal status, charters etc. impose and allow variations in governance and their accountability. 

The conservative Universities authorities, have for a thousand years battled the radical elements within the teaching, research and students bodies  over politics and ideology and it still continues:

Berlin, Prague, Tiananmen Square, White Rose, Paris, Hong Kong, Kent State University, Soweto

You got that right.