John Lewis Boss Calls For Abusing Shop Workers To Be An Offence

8 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes abuse, but violence is a physical act. And the customer also has freedom of expression to express dis-satisfaction with goods or service.

Blimey that business diploma included a term  on criminal law too did it.....

You really are the fountain of all knowledge or a sewage pipe full of excrement. - Think I will let the wider audience decide that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, however it's been reported that Tescos are offering staff bodycams due to the massive rise in threats, violence and abuse that shop workers have to deal with on a daily basis:

Tesco staff offered body cameras over crime fears - BBC News

Good. The sooner society stamps out the scourge of people who think they can treat people like rubbish the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'd go one step further and have those found to engage in abusive or violent behaviour, all over the local newspapers. So it will act as a deterrent.

1 - Who defines "treating people like rubbish", or indeed "abusive" ?

2 - I personally cannot remember the last time I saw any shop worker (or any worker) "being treated like rubbish", much less assaulted or threatened.

>>all over the local newspapers<<

One assumes you would also say they would need the same sort of proof as a police prosecution to do that, and with the same burden of guilt and presumption of innocence. Plus, of course, an objective definition of "abuse".

Thus, I think you'll find, not many cases of "abuse" would make it into the paper, local or otherwise.

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, however it's been reported that Tescos are offering staff bodycams due to the massive rise in threats, violence and abuse that shop workers have to deal with on a daily basis:

Tesco staff offered body cameras over crime fears - BBC News

Good. The sooner society stamps out the scourge of people who think they can treat people like rubbish the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'd go one step further and have those found to engage in abusive or violent behaviour, all over the local newspapers. So it will act as a deterrent.

My bold

Both local Tescos near me get their staff to wear them.