C D Eldenge V Swfc

bassett one

its not that i think we will be world beaters ,its just sometimes it takes a while for a team to gel especially with a new manager ,a promotion later than the rest and getting in new players is not easy,where mega bucks utd are in a position to buy big and i wish them well as its much easier when you have huge cash and no change in manager,where we have to re-build and its not as easy and all these people are quick to knock us without a proper game played or a player signed.

No doubt XM wants to play a style of football which is attractive to watch & win games…it begs the question…can this current squad adapt to how XM wants them to play….if not ,will the owner allow him to bring in enough, (any) ,new players who are capable….& will the supporters & owner have patience if results don’t go Wednesday’s way …..

It has all the makings of a similar situation  at Bramall Lane with Slavisa Jokanovic …

23 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

It has all the makings of a similar situation  at Bramall Lane with Slavisa Jokanovic …

Fair point.

And for all the credentials that Slav had, he just could not make it work how he wanted it to work.

Edited by PapaLazarou

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

No doubt XM wants to play a style of football which is attractive to watch & win games…it begs the question…can this current squad adapt to how XM wants them to play….if not ,will the owner allow him to bring in enough, (any) ,new players who are capable….& will the supporters & owner have patience if results don’t go Wednesday’s way …..

The difference being Slav had a very decent squad and messed it up.

XM hasn't anything like that.

4 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The difference being Slav had a very decent squad and messed it up.

XM hasn't anything like that.

It  wasn’t about the respective squads…it’s more about a new manager trying to impose a different style of play on a squad used to playing how the previous manager wanted them to  …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

It  wasn’t about the respective squads…it’s more about a new manager trying to impose a different style of play on a squad used to playing how the previous manager wanted them to  …

100%

15 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

How do you work that out?.

well sometimes teams like utd get lucky and take the prem by suprise,but after that its normally down hill as teams that spend nowt dont do well,some who spend big dont do well either,but the cream normally comes to the top like man utd,man city,newcastle ect, and unless you have a big spending owner its normally relegation ,but at least you have huge amounts for 3 years with no problems,please note i would love to see both teams in the prem,but i cannot see that happening soon either.wednesday despite whats been said i hope stay up and then go up,so lets hope you stay there a few years and we can chat about taking the prem by storm,that would be nice,anyone know 2 super billionaires who like football and want to come to sheffield and buy 2 historic clubs?