Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

17 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well it needs to be better thought out this is a council taxpayers run park for everyone,but it seems its all about cash for scc ect, i was once turned down and not allowed to have a horse in the park at greenhill as it could damage the grass,it was part of a great act from wales and the public would of loved it,plus it had never been to sheffield,but told no horses or horse in this case allowed ,as it was park rules about damaging grass. but its okay if big cash is involved.

If they are going to continue with these events, why not put a retractable roof over Hillsbrough Pk. like they do at Wimbledon, this would solve the problem.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

well it needs to be better thought out this is a council taxpayers run park for everyone,but it seems its all about cash for scc ect, i was once turned down and not allowed to have a horse in the park at greenhill as it could damage the grass,it was part of a great act from wales and the public would of loved it,plus it had never been to sheffield,but told no horses or horse in this case allowed ,as it was park rules about damaging grass. but its okay if big cash is involved.

Explains why  your bitter then, tramlines bares the brunt of any damage caused to the park during it's time there, its cash has allowed improvements like the bike track and additions to other parts  such as playground at the next park meeting I can have a word about horses if you like but I'm sure I'll just get laughed at 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

I think people want to see the parks well used. If they weren't, there'd be a danger of some bright spark wanting to build God knows what on them. They are lovely green spaces, which we need, and a facility for events which are fun. (Incidently I remember a horse show event as part of the Sheffield show at Hillsborough park in the past.) Sheffield show used to be huge, and is a shadow of it's former self, if it's even held this year.  

I'd like to see more of the parks used well. Like the idea of a retractable roof, but can't see it happening.

Mind you, they shut the top end of Penistone Road for Tramlines, causing major disruption and traffic jams. As a main artery into the city with few alternatives, and very few diversion notices in the right place. That was annoying. Maybe that could be improved in future.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 2

no one from scc or parks are bothered about the mud ect,its all about money and if the parks gained extras for the use all year round the locals really cannot complain as they bought into the whole idea,they could of course put down a floor to help save the ground for a short while,but again its all about profit.its a great asset to the city but its like most things its at a cost.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

no one from scc or parks are bothered about the mud ect,its all about money and if the parks gained extras for the use all year round the locals really cannot complain as they bought into the whole idea,they could of course put down a floor to help save the ground for a short while,but again its all about profit.its a great asset to the city but its like most things its at a cost.

Once again, what 'profit' do SCC make from Tramlines? Fees for the license for the event to go ahead- just as any event involving alcohol and loud music would require? A fee for the use of the land? Hillsborough Park has recently had considerable investment, in the form of a fab new skate board park, maybe the fees from Tramlines funded that.

Locals have representation via their elected Councillors, as we all do. Statements have been released from Tramlines & the Council, which make it pretty clear that Tramlines are going to bear the cost of the work to Hillsborough park to make it good.: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66290477.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S35_2o21 said:

Once again, what 'profit' do SCC make from Tramlines? Fees for the license for the event to go ahead- just as any event involving alcohol and loud music would require? A fee for the use of the land? Hillsborough Park has recently had considerable investment, in the form of a fab new skate board park, maybe the fees from Tramlines funded that.

Locals have representation via their elected Councillors, as we all do. Statements have been released from Tramlines & the Council, which make it pretty clear that Tramlines are going to bear the cost of the work to Hillsborough park to make it good.: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66290477.

How long will parts of the park be closed to the public?