Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

On 23/07/2023 at 22:08, bassett one said:

Not a answer to that above,, but your idea of Meadowhall and there's,  the Norton  ex airforce area  sound good to move this event to, as  Hillsbrough park does not look as the perfect spot everyone said it was now does it

total mess ,but I  am sure scc will be happy with all the cash

That's the nearest thing to common sense on here.   Large events shouldn't be held on grass unless they are grass type events.

No grass needed for a pop concert and accompanying stalls so it should be held on a hard surfaced area.  I f they can't manage with what we have, then we need one creating.

You only have the initial costs  once and then it's there for all future use.

I would have thought there were enough parks and open spaces in Sheffield to be able to rotate events and festivals around them which would then give each of them time to recover. 

I'd rather see our parks and open spaces used than deserted. The more events the better.

if the events were spread around that would help,but most say hillsbrough park is the only park that can run large events,i disagree theres other places or tarmac the area in hillsbrough,but one question is if all this cash is not going back into the park pots,where is it going SCC?

Piece on Look North (or maybe Calendar) last night about part pf the parks being sold off to private companies to gain revenue for the council. I think in this instance it was Hillsborough Park that was being mooted. 

Personally I think that might be opening a real can of worms. Been a lot of trouble over parts of Graves Park being sold off to land developers at one time, (it didn't happen but was very hard to stop.)

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

if the events were spread around that would help,but most say hillsbrough park is the only park that can run large events,i disagree theres other places or tarmac the area in hillsbrough,but one question is if all this cash is not going back into the park pots,where is it going SCC?

I'm glad you've mentioned this B One as it hasn't been raised previously

On 18/07/2023 at 12:20, HeHasRisen said:

The reasons for this have been given to you only a few weeks before. Hillsborough is a) flattish, b) has good transport links from the city with the tram and multiple buses and c) is big enough.

No other park fits the bill with all three. I really dont understand why you are bothered.

I have just driven past Hillsborough park for the first time since the boarding came down and it can be easily seen.

My God ! What a mess ! !

Your comment hasn't aged well......

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I have just driven past Hillsborough park for the first time since the boarding came down and it can be easily seen.

My God ! What a mess ! !

Your comment hasn't aged well......

Has it not? Any park that weekend would have ended up in that state, it rained literally none stop for 72 hours. It's still the best park in the city to hold big events like this. 

Show me what it looked like afterwards in a year when it was held when it was baking hot. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Don't you all worry!

With this weather there is a good thing :

1,  It's wet and humid so the grass seed will germinate and grow quickly. 

2,  No-one will want to go out in the rain and use the park anyway!

That's 2 good things!