Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes they have three times the number of people. They must still mitigate again bad weather surely, if it's the normal done thing? 

Bramham Park is 500 acres.  Hillsborough Park is 49 acres. 

They hold a lot of events there and it’s large enough to accommodate them and clear up any mess without causing too much issue.  
https://www.bramhampark.co.uk/events/

Hillsboro Park is tiny in comparison and if chunks of it are turned into a mud bath it’s not good for say, local kids who want to play on the grass in park a short walk away from home and not have be driven or take a bus to a park in another part of the city.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pfifes said:

Bramham Park is 500 acres.  Hillsborough Park is 49 acres. 

They hold a lot of events there and it’s large enough to accommodate them and clear up any mess without causing too much issue.  
https://www.bramhampark.co.uk/events/

Hillsboro Park is tiny in comparison and if chunks of it are turned into a mud bath it’s not good for say, local kids who want to play on the grass in park a short walk away from home and not have be driven or take a bus to a park in another part of the city.

They still have a few ten thousand people stood there for 3 days straight in front of the main stage though. No different to Hillsborough. 

So what do they do to mitigate? I assumed you knew? 

11 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

They still have a few ten thousand people stood there for 3 days straight in front of the main stage though. No different to Hillsborough. 

So what do they do to mitigate? I assumed you knew? 

Hey, do I detect a touch of sarcasm suggesting that I am putting myself forward as an expert in festival organisation when I am clearly not?  

Well I’m not of course.  I’m just putting forward my opinion as you are with yours.

Bramham park is 10 times bigger than Hillsborough park and isn’t a local park in a suburban area of a city.  I don’t know what, if anything, they do to protect the grass but as I said before:

’‘it’s large enough to accommodate them and clear up any mess without causing too much issue. Hillsboro Park is tiny in comparison and if chunks of it are turned into a mud bath it’s not good for say, local kids who want to play on the grass in park a short walk away from home and not have be driven or take a bus to a park in another part of the city.’

So to put it very simply, if parts of the grass of the 500 acre park surrounding a country house are damaged it’s rather different to parts of a well used 49 acre park, in a busy suburban area in a city being damaged. So if Tramlines isn’t moved to a different venue, that is why more ought to be done by the organisers to prevent parts of  a local park being put out of use for several weeks.

• Like 2

So you concede the area in front of the main stage at Bramham Park, with a few ten thousand people on it, is liable to turn into a mud bath as much as Hillsborough Park is?

The size of the park is irrelevant, Tramlines doesn't need a bigger venue unless they want to sell more tickets. 

Again, this thread is one massive overreaction to a freak July three day downpour. 

• Like 1

its all about money nowt else ,top prices for food,top prices for drinks ect,ect,it was great in town with people filling the city centre,spending cash in the town centre and great for the local pubs all around and many local bands,if we ran that at the same time that would offer somthing for everyones pocket.

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

its all about money nowt else ,top prices for food,top prices for drinks ect,ect,it was great in town with people filling the city centre,spending cash in the town centre and great for the local pubs all around and many local bands,if we ran that at the same time that would offer somthing for everyones pocket.

You do realise that on Tramlines weekend literally every single pub and bar in the city centre still puts events on, don't you? 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2023 at 01:37, HeHasRisen said:

You do realise that on Tramlines weekend literally every single pub and bar in the city centre still puts events on, don't you? 

I know you don't really mean 'literally', in the literal sense, but even so, this simply isn't true. The number of venues in the city centre putting on live music schedules during the Tramlines festival these days is nothing like the numbers that where doing it when the festival was actually based there.

There is still an obvious Tramlines presence in the CC over the weekend - plenty going on for people to enjoy - but it isn't on the same scale that it used to be.