Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Has it not? Any park that weekend would have ended up in that state, it rained literally none stop for 72 hours. It's still the best park in the city to hold big events like this. 

Show me what it looked like afterwards in a year when it was held when it was baking hot. 

If you mean any park that held a huge concert over three days in almost continuous pouring rain, then yes I would possibly agree.

But that is not really saying very much.

The fact is much of Hillsborough park is now unusable for weeks (and possibly months), which would have been bad enough at any time, but right over the school six week holidays it is inexcusable. I know a number of parents who are literally incandescent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

If you mean any park that held a huge concert over three days in almost continuous pouring rain, then yes I would possibly agree.

But that is not really saying very much.

The fact is much of Hillsborough park is now unusable for weeks (and possibly months), which would have been bad enough at any time, but right over the school six week holidays it is inexcusable. I know a number of parents who are literally incandescent.

There are a number of parks in Sheffield, luckily enough. 

Believe this is the first year its ever been an issue tbf, which given the good ol British weather is probably a miracle. 

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There are a number of parks in Sheffield, luckily enough. 

I will pass on your advice to the piqued parents concerned.

I am sure it will assuage their anger. Possibly not so much to those who either do not drive or have no car.

Edited by Chekhov

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I will pass on your advice to the piqued parents concerned.

I am sure it will assuage their anger. Possibly not so much to those who either do not drive or have no car.

Are you saying that there would have been a queue at the park gates this week if the event hadn't taken place?

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I know a number of parents who are literally incandescent.

Some parents will rage over anything a few years back, there was a effort to paint the sad looking playground equipment,  parents were all for it online, but not one of those parents showed up to volunteer, it was left to some of the  FOHP  plus the head of Sheffield parks an countyside, and 2 people from an art group, even then on the day that were there a couple of parents with their  children that were moaning it shouldn't be done whilst  their kids would be wanting to using it.

I don’t know the exact figures, but 10s of thousands of people had a great time over the weekend.

How many people will not be able to use that section of the park until it’s sorted again?  

Just wondering. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikki-red said:

I don’t know the exact figures, but 10s of thousands of people had a great time over the weekend.

How many people will not be able to use that section of the park until it’s sorted again?  

Just wondering. 

Not a lot Nikki.

• Like 3