Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

19 minutes ago, redruby said:

That’s very dismissive.  I don’t live in Hillsborough, don’t use Hillsborough Park and am not interested going in to Tramlines. But, I do have empathy for people in Hillsborough who have large parts of their local park out of action over the entire school summer holiday and beyond.  The park is supposed to be available for use by the general public for recreation.  It’s not a private commercial entertainment venue.   I’ve said twice before on here that there really are very few killjoys out there that want to be party poopers and stop people enjoying a music festival.  Unfortunately though there seem to be many who believe their ‘having a great time’ is a sacred right and just don’t care if it’s at the expense of others.  Tramlines has outgrown Hillsborough park and it’s time to look for an alternative.  Of course, there are some benefits from it being in Hillsborough and some people want it stay there but long term it isn’t sustainable.

Maybe the fee that they get paid from Tramlines contributes to keeping the park open all year

With over £60m worth of budget cuts coming from SCC they probably need all the money they can get

2 hours ago, redruby said:

That’s very dismissive.  I don’t live in Hillsborough, don’t use Hillsborough Park and am not interested going in to Tramlines. But, I do have empathy for people in Hillsborough who have large parts of their local park out of action over the entire school summer holiday and beyond.  The park is supposed to be available for use by the general public for recreation.  It’s not a private commercial entertainment venue.   I’ve said twice before on here that there really are very few killjoys out there that want to be party poopers and stop people enjoying a music festival.  Unfortunately though there seem to be many who believe their ‘having a great time’ is a sacred right and just don’t care if it’s at the expense of others.  Tramlines has outgrown Hillsborough park and it’s time to look for an alternative.  Of course, there are some benefits from it being in Hillsborough and some people want it stay there but long term it isn’t sustainable.

The grassed area affected is probably the least used part of the park.

the cafes, bowling green, library, walled gardens, football pitch, MUGA, kids playground, duck pond are all stil open and accessible as are some of the less affected grasses areas.

It is what it is. Not ideal but not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nikki-red said:

“Attercliffe based business man” proposes moving it to Attercliffe 🙄

Its contracted to Hillsborough for the next 3 years I believe, plus they’ve already sold over 50% of next years tickets.

I doubt it’s going anywhere, not in the short term at least.

I don’t think it will move in the short term, but it is outgrowing its current venue and longer term it isn’t really sustainable if it carries on the way it is.  What is wrong with moving it to Attercliffe anyway?  There are good transport links (including trams!) and hard standing areas will be much more practical.

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Maybe the fee that they get paid from Tramlines contributes to keeping the park open all year

With over £60m worth of budget cuts coming from SCC they probably need all the money they can get

I’d have thought any money the council gets from Tramlines if it moved to Attercliffe, would go into the same pot as if it was held at Hillsborough.

6 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

The grassed area affected is probably the least used part of the park.

the cafes, bowling green, library, walled gardens, football pitch, MUGA, kids playground, duck pond are all stil open and accessible as are some of the less affected grasses areas.

It is what it is. Not ideal but not the end of the world. 

I don’t think I’ve suggested it’s ‘the end of the world’ but unlike some I do understand why park users are not happy about this.

19 minutes ago, redruby said:

I don’t think it will move in the short term, but it is outgrowing its current venue and longer term it isn’t really sustainable if it carries on the way it is.  What is wrong with moving it to Attercliffe anyway?  There are good transport links (including trams!) and hard standing areas will be much more practical.

I’d have thought any money the council gets from Tramlines if it moved to Attercliffe, would go into the same pot as if it was held at Hillsborough.

I don’t think I’ve suggested it’s ‘the end of the world’ but unlike some I do understand why park users are not happy about this.

Where in Attercliffe? 

I'm not sure of the space required to accommodate the minimum number of people but you'd be looking at football crowd equivalents so I recon at least space for 30,000+, plus space for toilets, etc.?

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Where in Attercliffe? 

I'm not sure of the space required to accommodate the minimum number of people but you'd be looking at football crowd equivalents so I recon at least space for 30,000+, plus space for toilets, etc.?

Well I've read the article. The two suggestions made are the Don Valley Bowl and, wait for it, the arena car park 😂😂😂😂

The latter is owned by the arena, and no idea who owns the former.