Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well I've read the article. The two suggestions made are the Don Valley Bowl and, wait for it, the arena car park 😂😂😂😂

The latter is owned by the arena, and no idea who owns the former. 

Just had quick Internet check & apparently the Don Valley Bowl only holds 7,500, so that's out. 

Chuckling it back to Red Ruby to tell us an appropriate place in Attercliffe & not having a go, trying to prove a point or having a 'GOTCHA' moment just interested to know where Tramlines could be held down there? 

It's got to be held in one of the Sheffield parks & like Jack Grey states, Hillsborough'perfect.  It's on the team route to move thousands easily to & from the venue. 

If it'd been nice & dry this year we wouldn't have been having this thread.  The only thread would have been a moan about not enough trams to get people back to the city centre. 

And if at the end of the day, as long as the repair work isn't being paid by the council tax payers, then I'm not going to grumble. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Somewhere in the Peak District would be good, hire a field from a farmer, like Glastonbury do, pitch up a Skyline type building, lots of bars, food vans, Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt.

At which point it's no longer a Sheffield festival, you've just got rid of it and any commercial or publicity benefits it brings. May as well suggest putting it in Wembley stadium. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bargepole23 said:

At which point it's no longer a Sheffield festival, you've just got rid of it and any commercial or publicity benefits it brings. May as well suggest putting it in Wembley stadium. 

I'd argue that holding it in spice capital Sheffield is detromental to the publicity of the business. As long as the owner gets a good return on his event, I doub't he will care. The Peak District is beautiful and has a plethora of large fields and B&Bs, great transport links, the perfect setting for a summer party.

14 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Somewhere in the Peak District would be good, hire a field from a farmer, like Glastonbury do, pitch up a Skyline type building, lots of bars, food vans, Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt.

Somewhere in the Chatsworth estate would be good....maybe.  I'm sure the Duke would like it, (or not)  and take all the profits, and it wouldn't be a Sheffield event anymore!

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I'd argue that holding it in spice capital Sheffield is detromental to the publicity of the business. As long as the owner gets a good return on his event, I doub't he will care. The Peak District is beautiful and has a plethora of large fields and B&Bs, great transport links, the perfect setting for a summer party.

I couldn't care less about the value of publicity to the business running Tramlines. That's their concern. I'm more concerned with what it brings to Sheffield.

As for Peak District having good transport links....enough to get 40000 people in and out? That's 800 coaches. Can't imagine that would be too popular in Bakewell or similar.

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Mrs Granneli with old ice cream van there , its a toss up who is older her or the van . Had most of the classic cars on display except the Bristol and Bentley .

Loved the classic cars Cuttsie...

Proper cars with character.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

I couldn't care less about the value of publicity to the business running Tramlines. That's their concern. I'm more concerned with what it brings to Sheffield.

As for Peak District having good transport links....enough to get 40000 people in and out? That's 800 coaches. Can't imagine that would be too popular in Bakewell or similar.

I don't believe it brings much economically to Sheffield, the pub landlord might benefit from a few stragglers but that's about it. You can only buy drinks in the park, not bring your own, so it won't benefit off licenses much. 

Bamford has regular bus services from Castleton, Bradwell and Sheffield, as well as an hourly train service. Ample space for parking coaches in the large fields too. Bakewell wouldn't cope, neither would Castleton but somewhere like Bamford or Hope could.

15 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't believe it brings much economically to Sheffield, the pub landlord might benefit from a few stragglers but that's about it. You can only buy drinks in the park, not bring your own, so it won't benefit off licenses much. 

Bamford has regular bus services from Castleton, Bradwell and Sheffield, as well as an hourly train service. Ample space for parking coaches in the large fields too. Bakewell wouldn't cope, neither would Castleton but somewhere like Bamford or Hope could.

They could hold the event in the Peak Cavern, then we wouldn't have to listen to the noise.

• Haha 1