Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

35 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't believe it brings much economically to Sheffield, the pub landlord might benefit from a few stragglers but that's about it. You can only buy drinks in the park, not bring your own, so it won't benefit off licenses much. 

£3.8m for a 3 days  event and funds 40 other organisations.

https://sheffnews.com/news/tramlines-brings-multimillion-pound-benefit-to-the-city-and-directly-funds-over-40-local-organisations

Edited by Mkapaka
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

The article says "over £10K goes directly to businesses in Hillsborough, I don't see how when they don't let partygoers buy food and drink from local businesses and bring it in..I suppose the Boot's nearby sees a slight increase in sun-cream sales (not thid year mind 🤣💦)

50 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't believe it brings much economically to Sheffield, the pub landlord might benefit from a few stragglers but that's about it. You can only buy drinks in the park, not bring your own, so it won't benefit off licenses much. 

Bamford has regular bus services from Castleton, Bradwell and Sheffield, as well as an hourly train service. Ample space for parking coaches in the large fields too. Bakewell wouldn't cope, neither would Castleton but somewhere like Bamford or Hope could.

Its called Tram lines 

59 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The article says "over £10K goes directly to businesses in Hillsborough, I don't see how when they don't let partygoers buy food and drink from local businesses and bring it in..I suppose the Boot's nearby sees a slight increase in sun-cream sales (not thid year mind 🤣💦)

That £10k is just a gift from the trust. The £3.8m is the overall economic benefit to the city.

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I'd argue that holding it in spice capital Sheffield is detromental to the publicity of the business

Well it sells out every year so obviously not.