Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

20 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Rain and mud are all part of the fun

Yeah, and that’s fine at festivals that don’t use public parks in residential areas. Mud at Glastonbury or Download isn’t going stop kids using parts of their local park in the summer holidays or cancel organised park runs.

9 hours ago, redruby said:

Yeah, and that’s fine at festivals that don’t use public parks in residential areas. Mud at Glastonbury or Download isn’t going stop kids using parts of their local park in the summer holidays or cancel organised park runs.

I was in hillsboro park on Saturday- was really busy - only thing different was there was no one on the grass - which there rarely is overall.

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

If its anything like my local park, kids only care about the playground.

Is the playground at Hillsborough Park still ok?

We know the answer to that is "yes".

Look, we’re never going to agree on this.  If you like bland, generic festivals in a muddy local park and don’t give 💩 if it spoils things for others so you can have your sacred ‘great time’ go knock yourself out. Don’t be too surprised if it ends up being moved in the longer term.

19 minutes ago, redruby said:

Look, we’re never going to agree on this.  If you like bland, generic festivals in a muddy local park and don’t give 💩 if it spoils things for others so you can have your sacred ‘great time’ go knock yourself out. Don’t be too surprised if it ends up being moved in the longer term.

I'm not a fan of music festivals. I don't begrudge others a bit of fun though, as I ain't a misery 😜

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

If they held it indoors, it could be enhanced, think of the special effects, smoke machines, foam machines, stunts, electro-visual effects. 

I think the whole of point of 3 day outdoor music festival is that it's outdoors

What you've described is a warehouse rave