Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I'm not a fan of music festivals. I don't begrudge others a bit of fun though, as I ain't a misery 😜

Let’s go round again! It’s not about bring a ‘misery’, it’s about finding a sensible and practical solution.  Some people have fun by doing the organised park run on Saturdays which was cancelled for weeks.  This was dismissed as ‘well they can do their own run any time they want’.  That’s like saying if tramlines was cancelled, ‘oh, they just go and see that random band that’s playing in town tonight instead’.  
Or if kids can’t use the grass for football dismissing it by saying  ‘there’s loads of other parks’, Its like saying if tramlines is cancelled ‘yeah, but there’s plenty of other festivals they can go to, ynot in Derbyshire isn’t far to go’.   Etc etc

But I suppose going on about how you want everyone have fun at festival is easier than trying to understand that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bassett one said:

dont most festivals that go on for several days offer camping?

That would depend on the USP. 

The USP of this one is you can buy a ticket for one day. Not everyone wants to attend all 2/3 days of a multi day festival for various reasons. 

Not everyone enjoys the idea of camping for starters. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, feargal said:

They should do it at the last weekend of the summer school holidays, so less disruption.  They also might get a better choice of acts, as they won't be competing with the bigger festivals. 

That would clash it with the football season, which I imagine SYP don't want to allow (even if Sheff U are the home team in town that weekend). 

On 05/09/2023 at 05:14, redruby said:

This was dismissed as ‘well they can do their own run any time they want

Yep that’s right - surely you can’t expect a couple of laps round the park for some joggers to justify moving the most popular music festival we’ve ever had in the city.