Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

What venues is he expecting these "experts* to conjure up?

Room for 30k people, with good transport links, within Sheffield. 

Spoiler: there aren't any.  First person to suggest Don Valley Bowl I will arrange to be banned for 12 months. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What venues is he expecting these "experts* to conjure up?

Room for 30k people, with good transport links, within Sheffield. 

Spoiler: there aren't any.  First person to suggest Don Valley Bowl I will arrange to be banned for 12 months. 

Hillsborough Stadium, if not Don Valley Bowl .

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Hillsborough Stadium, if not Don Valley Bowl .

A three day music festival in a football ground? With 30k people stood on the pitch during pre season? 

No. 

And Don Valley Bowl is far too small, we have done all of this. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Well, no, they aren't going to want thousands of people trampling the pitch the week before the season starts and during pre season, it's not rocket science. 

Large open spaces are needed for music festivals. The pitch of a football ground is not a large open space. 

The sooner people accept this event is staying at Hillsborough Park and there is no other suitable alternative for the numbers of people involved, the better 

38 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well, no, they aren't going to want thousands of people trampling the pitch the week before the season starts and during pre season, it's not rocket science. 

Large open spaces are needed for music festivals. The pitch of a football ground is not a large open space. 

The sooner people accept this event is staying at Hillsborough Park and there is no other suitable alternative for the numbers of people involved, the better 

Graves Park is huge. They could hold it there.

Or on the old Transport Ground at Meadowhead. 

Or, that field where they hold the Bowshaw car boot.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Let it stay in the park , no problem. Just don’t spoil it for others .

5 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Graves Park is huge. They could hold it there.

Or on the old Transport Ground at Meadowhead. 

Or, that field where they hold the Bowshaw car boot.

Moving it to Graves Park would just be shifting the same problem elsewhere.  And much of Graves Park isn’t flat like Hillsborough which I assume would be a problem logistically for a festival set up?

I’ve only driven past the Bowshaw car boot area so don’t know it well but have noticed it has been used for a funfair and circus I think before.  Somewhere like that on the edge of town might be a plan.  

Large events do sometimes have to be moved if they outgrow their current one.  Years ago the Leeds Festival was at Temple Newsam park in Leeds.  It was moved to the larger Bramham Park which isn’t in Leeds and is almost as close to York.  It’s been there a long time though and it works.  Buses are laid on to take people to and the festival and it’s got good transport links being close to the A1(M).  I think some people though are extremely reluctant to think outside the box when it come to venues for Tramlines.

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

Moving it to Graves Park would just be shifting the same problem elsewhere.  And much of Graves Park isn’t flat like Hillsborough which I assume would be a problem logistically for a festival set up?

I’ve only driven past the Bowshaw car boot area so don’t know it well but have noticed it has been used for a funfair and circus I think before.  

Whooooosssssshhhhhh!! 

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Whooooosssssshhhhhh!! 

Some selective snipping in this reply so I’ll repost

‘Large events do sometimes have to be moved if they outgrow their current one.  Years ago the Leeds Festival was at Temple Newsam park in Leeds.  It was moved to the larger Bramham Park which isn’t in Leeds and is almost as close to York.  It’s been there a long time though and it works.  Buses are laid on to take people to and the festival and it’s got good transport links being close to the A1(M).  I think some people though are extremely reluctant to think outside the box when it come to venues for Tramlines.’