Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

28 minutes ago, pfifes said:

It seems a lot of people don’t want to think outside the box when it comes to Tramlines.

OK, go and find a disused factory that can fit 30k people in. 

I also don't get the need to want to change all because it got a bit muddy due to a freak weekend weather event that likely won't be repeated for years. If it ain't broke... 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, pfifes said:

It seems a lot of people don’t want to think outside the box when it comes to Tramlines.

Thinking outside the box is all well and good, but it's often ideas that can be shot down pretty quickly, for good reasons.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

What about the old Lightwood aerodrome?.

Better idea - more comparable in size with Hillsborough Park at least - but probably still not suitable as half of it is covered in mature trees - the current useable open space is much less than Hillsborough.

Also questions about access - the site's roads are pretty much dilapidated I think? It's also right by the Lightwood House facility which I think would kick up an enormous fuss if someone suggested a 3-day music festival on the site next door.

1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

Thinking outside the box is all well and good, but it's often ideas that can be shot down pretty quickly, for good reasons.

When I replied to Irene Swain I did say I thought it was a good idea in principle but didn’t know if any suitable sites of this type actually existed.  Now maybe there isn’t anywhere exactly as specified by Irene Swain but I still think it’s good idea to explore different types of venue and think outside the box.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

When I replied to Irene Swain I did say I thought it was a good idea in principle but didn’t know if any suitable sites of this type actually existed.  Now maybe there isn’t anywhere exactly as specified by Irene Swain but I still think it’s good idea to explore different types of venue and think outside the box.  

I agree. It has to have a capacity at least equal to the current venue though. Off you go and look. 

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree. It has to have a capacity at least equal to the current venue though. Off you go and look. 

There's a decent sized park up Lowedges way that doesn't get used much and may be suitable. 

4 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Incorporate the Sheffield Wednesday football ground into the festival.

We already did this. Why would SWFC want upwards of 30k people trampling over their pitch just before the season starts at a time they are playing pre season friendlies? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

9 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

We already did this. Why would SWFC want upwards of 30k people trampling over their pitch just before the season starts at a time they are playing pre season friendlies? 

And why would local kids who want play football in their local park want 30k people trampling all over the football pitch during the school holidays?  Oh, I know they aren’t a business so they don’t really matter. They can just use another park.  And it doesn’t matter if their football pitch is completely trashed, it will do them good to play in the mud.  

Never mind that a lot of professional football players first started playing football in their local park. I guess the next generation should all be driven to a sports club by their parents to play football.  And if they can’t afford that, tough eh?   It’s more important for local parks to be used as revenue generating units through hosting events.

• Like 2