Where Was Your First Legal Alcoholic Drink And Is The Pub Still There.

Berni Inn at Meadowhead we used to go in our School dinner times from Rowlinson there was always an old Bloke in the corner and the Barmaid.

The pub is still there but it isn't a Berni Inn anymore.

Oops I thought it meant illegal drink.

Edited by Alextopman

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Berni Inn at Meadowhead we used to go in our School dinner times from Rowlinson there was always an old Bloke in the corner and the Barmaid.

The pub is still there but it isn't a Berni Inn anymore.

Oops I thought it meant illegal drink.

Yep. Me too. Used to nip across the road to Mitchell’s off licence and buy a 4 pack of Gold Label barley wine, sneak it into the Berni and then enliven each pint, (I think it was Whitbread Trophy at the time so needed help)  with a Gold Label as soon as there was room in the glass.

Happy Daze.

• Like 1

Hi Ken. You are going back a few year drinking at the Hillsborough Inn. My wifes father used to work behing the bar there. The door/gate to the back of the inn is/was still there. Left Sheffield in 1985. so dont know if the door/gate is still there.

2 hours ago, blackhill said:

Hi Ken. You are going back a few year drinking at the Hillsborough Inn. My wifes father used to work behing the bar there. The door/gate to the back of the inn is/was still there. Left Sheffield in 1985. so dont know if the door/gate is still there.

This would be 1957,I think the landlords name was Wilf

My last illegal drink and my first legal one was at the Star of Brunswick at the corner of Cliff st and Cemetery Rd

Got caught a month before my 18th birthday. Got fined four pound sterling . Went back on my 18th . Both pints of Tetly’s . 1/10 pence .

Great snooker table in there .