Government Instruct Train Companies To Close Ticket Offices-True Or False?

15 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

The village I grew up in has one train an hour in each direction and as far as I know STILL has a manned ticket office, surely thats just a waste.

My local station has around four trains stopping per hour and hasnt had a ticket office for decades. You serious?

11 minutes ago, El Cid said:

My local station has around four trains stopping per hour and hasnt had a ticket office for decades. You serious?

Yup. Just checked. 

Ticket office

Mon-Fri 06:50 to 14:25
Sat 07:45 to 15:20

11 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

You're really clutching at straws there and I'm sure you know what my point was

'm sure all roofs were thatched at some point but because of the progress of technology and manufacturing it's a dying trade 

Like in sure that we still have chimney sweeps 

The waiting list for a thatcher is circa 12 months with cost of up to £50k for the full monty.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

You're really clutching at straws there and I'm sure you know what my point was

'm sure all roofs were thatched at some point but because of the progress of technology and manufacturing it's a dying trade 

Like in sure that we still have chimney sweeps 

I am glad that you agree that '...we still have chimney sweeps ", there are 21, yes twenty one 'chimney sweeps' serving Sheffield

There are over 50 thatching firms in East Anglia who are "...really clutching at straws...".

Source Yell.com.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2023 at 07:23, HeHasRisen said:

My Facebook wall of late seems to be full of promoted posts by the RMT, posting pictures of queues at ticket offices to try and prove their point people still use them. Some of the pictures look years old and most are at major stations, where they are obviously going to be used,.

On Twitter they tried to use one of a group of kids waiting in the concourse for their teacher on a school trip.   

The telltale signs were that none of the people were queueing or facing the ticket booth!