Do You Truly Feel Safe Around Sheffield?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Oh, come on @crookesey. The reason main reason 'the ordinary working man' - if he has any sense - doesn't get involved these days because the chances are he would get arrested for flooring the initial aggressor, who would probably be given tea and biscuits (and a free solicitor).

Sometimes, you post sense - others, you obviously haven't taken your medication.

So the ordinary working man is more frightened of bureaucracy than he is of knives and guns is he? I suggest that you place your thinking cap on your head, irrespective of it’s shape.

30 minutes ago, crookesey said:

So the ordinary working man is more frightened of bureaucracy than he is of knives and guns is he? I suggest that you place your thinking cap on your head, irrespective of it’s shape.

Not what I said, or meant, but if you can't work out that I was saying the aggressor is more likely to be treated with kid gloves than one who tries to sort the aggro, then so be it.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Not what I said, or meant, but if you can't work out that I was saying the aggressor is more likely to be treated with kid gloves than one who tries to sort the aggro, then so be it.

Probably caused by my mental illness. :loopy:

6 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I feel safe around Sheffield but I'm over 6ft and 100 kilos so people tend not to give me any trouble 

However, the most dangerous place in Sheffield is probably Carver Street on a Saturday night 

It's full of plastic gangsters and plastic women all drunk and looking for a fight

Also, don't go down The Wicker after dark 

Can tha run 

No problem. walking any where in Sheffield .

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am interested in how safe people TRULY feel around the city. For example, many people protest that Sheffield City Centre is amazing but would they feel safe walking around there alone?

People on this forum said that they did not deem Handsworth to be rough but the local Facebook groups all complain about the new residents and their activities, including smoking cannabis!

When I was on holiday in Cornwall, I saw women, men, disabled people all wondering around the winding streets at all hours of the day. They did this alone and seemed confident and carefree. This to me, is the difference between an area being not rough and rough.

What are your thoughts? How do you define if an area is rough? 

Good afternoon Irene,

First of all, why would people protest that Sheffield City Centre is amazing ?

And Cornwall is a very dangerous place to visit.

I've had my chip butty stolen and been pooed on many times by the seagulls.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

People on this forum said that they did not deem Handsworth to be rough but the local Facebook groups all complain about the new residents and their activities, including smoking cannabis!

It always baffles me why people even care that others smoke cannabis.