Angry Canadian Muslims Protest Lgbtq Curriculum

Guest ThaBoom
18 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

https://dailycitizen.focusonthefamily.com/maryland-bill-would-force-schools-to-teach-children-about-gender-identity-sexual-orientation-and-intersectionality/

11 hours ago, GhostRiders said:

It is though. Moral values taught in someone's faith will vary incredibly depending on the faith.

I didn't have it at school no, but I wouldn't complain if it was introduced at my children's school.

Learning that some people are different isn't something that should be kept out of education because it doesn't fit in with your religious beliefs. No one is forcing your kids to be trans by teaching them about trans people.

I accept respect and dignity etc needs to taught- but this is mainly parents duty.

My parents raised me to respect ppl and I grew up in the 80s - despite the major shifts on morality, equality etc we still understood values and tolerance. 

Today, as a father- I instill the same values my parents gave me, to my kids.

But I don't support the fact that kids should be inundated with so much at a young age. 

3 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

https://dailycitizen.focusonthefamily.com/maryland-bill-would-force-schools-to-teach-children-about-gender-identity-sexual-orientation-and-intersectionality/

I accept respect and dignity etc needs to taught- but this is mainly parents duty.

My parents raised me to respect ppl and I grew up in the 80s - despite the major shifts on morality, equality etc we still understood values and tolerance. 

But I don't support the fact that kids should be inundated with so much at a young age. 

To be honest, those at do are either.

Not all there.

Just doing it to try and be all liberal without realising that folk are just laughing at them.

8 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

I don't believe you.

If you respected people you'd understand the importance of having this taught in schools.

It seems that your 'respect' is limited to those that your interpretation of your Holy book extends to.

On 23/07/2023 at 14:37, Al Bundy said:

Anyone who is happy to teach that to young kids is clearly a nonce. 

As are those who support it. 

Guest ThaBoom
5 minutes ago, GhostRiders said:

I don't believe you.

If you respected people you'd understand the importance of having this taught in schools.

It seems that your 'respect' is limited to those that your interpretation of your Holy book extends to.

If that's how you want to think, so be it.

Nothing to do with 'holy books' 😆 

I can respect a human as part of humanity- ironically its an atheist who would struggle putting any value on life/ human..but that's another subject altogether. 

My point was clear to see, I object to this indoctrination of forcing LGBTQ down the minds of KIDS.

I don't have, and never have had any issues with people who are gay etc- know plenty. 

41 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

My point was clear to see, I object to this indoctrination of forcing LGBTQ down the minds of KIDS.

I have seen many people say the same about the teaching of evolution, or conversely, creationism in schools...

...but I don't think most would suggest that kids shouldn't be aware they exist, or have any problem with schools teaching them.

According to the OP's post, this is K12 kids, 15 and above.

What's so different about LGBTQ  issues that they could be described as "indoctrination", any more than many other subjects in the curriculum (depending on your POV, of course) for kids of that age?

Edited by Magilla
  • Confused 1

Guest ThaBoom
18 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I have seen many people say the same about the teaching of evolution, or conversely, creationism in schools...

...but I don't think most would suggest that kids shouldn't be aware they exist, or have any problem with schools teaching them.

According to the OP's post, this is K12 kids, 15 and above.

What's so different about LGBTQ  issues that they could be described as "indoctrination", any more than any other subject in the curriculum (depending on your POV, of course) for kids of that age?

Being informed at 15yrs old isn't an issue with me personally - I was mainly referring to some states who are teaching kids much younger, about stuff they don't need to know yet.

Most people would find that a bit too drastic and almost likened to indoctrination. 

This ultimately all comes down to respect doesn't it?

Times have changed, and now governments feel they have to roll out more than your average RE lesson.

1 hour ago, ThaBoom said:

If that's how you want to think, so be it.

Nothing to do with 'holy books' 😆 

I can respect a human as part of humanity- ironically its an atheist who would struggle putting any value on life/ human..but that's another subject altogether. 

I don't have, and never have had any issues with people who are gay etc- know plenty. 

It's not indoctrination.

That's the problem you're having.

It's education.

They aren't the same thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Children in primary school are far too young to be indoctrinated about LGBT+ issues. That is my personal opinion which is probably shared by a majority. People are scared to say what they honestly believe, because they know they'll be criticised and be told they suffer from phobias (which means they are scared of something)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A.B.Yaffle said:

Children in primary school are far too young to be indoctrinated about LGBT+ issues. That is my personal opinion which is probably shared by a majority. People are scared to say what they honestly believe, because they know they'll be criticised and be told they suffer from phobias (which means they are scared of something)!

Like most of our institutions the education system has been infested by hard left radical extremists 

Who seem to hate straight white people and ignore the hatred coming from other demographics

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1