Proud To Be A Sheffielder

Yesterday , A birthday treat Crucible visit , saw a World beating production  ,Miss Saigon , (don't miss it )  then came out of  theatre to see the City thronged with visitors who were here to watch the City Centre cycling event . Coaches every where , noted one from Manchester another from Huddersfield the Buxton . 

I looked around and thought of the so called big hitter City's Leeds that gets all the attention on local TV , Manchester with its crime and racketeering  and so on.

Then it hit me , they can not compare with our vista as I stood with Parkhill in the back ground  , the hills rising in every direction , The people who  nod and greet strangers like long Lost friends . 

We are simply the best .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 5

Unfortunately there is too much negative talk about this great city. The building development in the city centre will make this an amazing space. Times are changing, look forward to the future !

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No no no the midweek cycle event is a shambles, apparently. Despite it being in its 9th year.

Rubbish, Rubbish and Rubbish again !  On yer bike.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Unfortunately there is too much negative talk about this great city. The building development in the city centre will make this an amazing space. Times are changing, look forward to the future !

Rubbish, Rubbish and Rubbish again !  On yer bike.

Remember that everyone has different views and each has the right to express them.

Many of us think that the city centre has been completely ruined whilst others think it's a vast improvement.

I think it's rubbish and no longer go to town any more,  but I'm quite prepared to accept that others like it and are able to express it.

I’ve not stepped foot in the CC for circa 10 years, so have no first hand opinion on it but have no intention of visiting it any time soon after reading of it’s current state on this very forum. However if I start to read more than the odd good report on it I will give it a go.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I’ve not stepped foot in the CC for circa 10 years, so have no first hand opinion on it but have no intention of visiting it any time soon after reading of it’s current state on this very forum. However if I start to read more than the odd good report on it I will give it a go.

Edited by cuttsie
?????