In Plain Sight .

Mi most treasured possession, MI bike ,  Locked up on bike stands Sheffield Centre , hundreds of people passing , Got back to bike and found the lock has been massacred by a angle grinder . Luckily  the lock is the best money can buy so resisted the attack and remained intact . 

But how can this happen in a main  area with cameras and pedestrians around .

I would rather have my car pinched than my cycle so whats the solution , Two locks ?  or just carry on in hope 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Mi most treasured possession, MI bike ,  Locked up on bike stands Sheffield Centre , hundreds of people passing , Got back to bike and found the lock has been massacred by a angle grinder . Luckily  the lock is the best money can buy so resisted the attack and remained intact . 

I would rather have my car pinched than my cycle so whats the solution , Two locks ?  or just carry on in hope 

Sorry to hear that Cutssie.

As one who loved cycling for many years  ( can't any more )  and regularly left my bike in the city centre,   I understand how frustrating and annoying this  is.

If we don't get some law and order restored soon,  it will be pointless owning anything at all.   We do pay for coppers on our council tax but you wouldn't think so.

2 really top locks seems the only answer.  When they've struggled with one,  they won't fancy tackling the other.

By the way,  you must be a pretty fit lad for an owd un.  keep it up mate

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Sorry to hear that Cutssie.

As one who loved cycling for many years  ( can't any more )  and regularly left my bike in the city centre,   I understand how frustrating and annoying this  is.

If we don't get some law and order restored soon,  it will be pointless owning anything at all.   We do pay for coppers on our council tax but you wouldn't think so.

2 really top locks seems the only answer.  When they've struggled with one,  they won't fancy tackling the other.

By the way,  you must be a pretty fit lad for an owd un.  keep it up mate

I can ride the bike easier than walking (tin knee), when people on here go on about cycling on pavements I always think whats the difference between that and electric carriages that so many use now even though some can walk perfectly well. 

A  bloke near us had one given him and has never walked any where since .

My lock cost £35 ,at the time I thought its too much but its saved my day .

How can some one use a grinder in middle of Town and no one notice?

10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I can ride the bike easier than walking (tin knee), when people on here go on about cycling on pavements I always think whats the difference between that and electric carriages that so many use now even though some can walk perfectly well. 

A  bloke near us had one given him and has never walked any where since .

My lock cost £35 ,at the time I thought its too much but its saved my day .

How can some one use a grinder in middle of Town and no one notice?

Most walk about with their eyes either shut - or glued to a mobile, that's why,

EDIT: Mobility scooters are limited to a max of 8mph - if they are road legal/4mph if not, cyclists tend to be somewhat quicker.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Most walk about with their eyes either shut - or glued to a mobile, that's why,

EDIT: Mobility scooters are limited to a max of 8mph - if they are road legal/4mph if not, cyclists tend to be somewhat quicker.

Not me

49 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Still proud to be a Sheffielder  pal?

They see it (or not in your case) as being none of their business, they are probably very wary of getting an angle grinder around their ear hole. Perhaps the odd visible police officer 

might just tempt them to shop these scum bags.