In Plain Sight .

57 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Didn't say it was you, cuttsie, I imagine you have more brains/courtesy, but there are a large number who don't.

Agreed the courier's around Town are a menace, but they are just trying to ma me a crust .

58 minutes ago, Padders said:

Still proud to be a Sheffielder  pal?

Well Padders you have to take the Good from the bad , is it worse in other Cities ?

49 minutes ago, francypants said:

Sorry to hear what happened Cuttsie,  bet you were fuming.

I think the problem these days is apathy because in a lot of circumstances that's all you get back from the police. 

No cops around now

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Mi most treasured possession, MI bike ,  Locked up on bike stands Sheffield Centre , hundreds of people passing , Got back to bike and found the lock has been massacred by a angle grinder . Luckily  the lock is the best money can buy so resisted the attack and remained intact . 

But how can this happen in a main  area with cameras and pedestrians around .

I would rather have my car pinched than my cycle so whats the solution , Two locks ?  or just carry on in hope 

With all the surveillance cameras around in the street, you'd think the police could do something. Or what are they there for?

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

With all the surveillance cameras around in the street, you'd think the police could do something. Or what are they there for?

Good question !

21 minutes ago, MyFriendStan said:

Do we still have coppers? Whats his name at no 10 keeps bleating on about all these extra coppers we have would love to know where they are.

Looking after him at number 10 and all his mates,   and the rest of the poshies in London.    They don't know where Sheffield is.

25 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Looking after him at number 10 and all his mates,   and the rest of the poshies in London.    They don't know where Sheffield is.

They did when there was striking (or picketing) miners nearby !

Edited by St Petre
add

1 minute ago, St Petre said:

They did when there was striking miners nearby !

Very true mate.  I think that's when they decided to withdraw our coppers,  when that was all done and dusted because I've hardly seen any since.

Except in London

On 20/07/2023 at 17:27, MyFriendStan said:

Do we still have coppers? Whats his name at no 10 keeps bleating on about all these extra coppers we have would love to know where they are.

They are recruiting the 20,000 promised coppers, but what the headlines don’t tell you is that lots of them quit within the first few months. Lots of reasons why. Plus they don’t tell you that the police were well down on numbers anyway, so they certainly weren’t extra cops. Plus the usual number leave and retire each year anyway so don’t regard the headline 20k coppers as anything to be reassured about. 

Edited by WarPig