By- Elections Results

35 minutes ago, bassett one said:

the tories scrapped through by 400 votes all because of the clean air car voters otherwise they would of lost that as well,

The fate of the ULEZ expansion is being decided in the courts, I can see that decision having some bearing on the next election for those areas.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Only getting 1,009 votes in Somerset is a disaster for the Labour party.  The Tory party finished 2nd in both of the seats they lost unlike the Labour Party who could only manage 5th place in Somerset.  Finishing 5th in an English by election should be a resigning matter for a leader of one of the main political parties.

Doesn't matter what position they come in apart from the winner.  No consolation prizes with a first past the post system.

Nobody's interested in your idea of who should resign   -   It sounds very much like Starmer's   really scaring you these days.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Only getting 1,009 votes in Somerset is a disaster for the Labour party.  The Tory party finished 2nd in both of the seats they lost unlike the Labour Party who could only manage 5th place in Somerset.  Finishing 5th in an English by election should be a resigning matter for a leader of one of the main political parties.

"Finishing 5th in an English by election should be a resigning matter for a leader of one of the main political parties".

Hmmm....

Remind us all about Boris.

You know the one that persistently lied to Parliament and to the Committee investigating his lying to Parliament.

The one that partied through lockdown as tens of thousands of the public died alone.

The one who got to be party leader by knocking a huge 4% off our GDP in the form of Brexit 

The one whose decision to prorogue Parliament was judged unlawful by the Supreme Court and who accused him of 'misleading' The Queen.

Funny how you think none of those were resigning issues when Boris was in charge :roll:

To be honest I am incredibly happy that the left had a good set of results last night.

I am a empathetic person and after having so many losses over the years and what with the complete disaster they all had yesterday, I think it only fair they have a victory for once and I hope they feel better. 

Being on the losing side so often can take its toll and can escalate into blubbering ramblings, a lack of common sense, any awareness and an incapability to admit when you have got it spectaculary wrong.

I sincerely offer my congratulations.

👏👏👏👏

😉😉

Edited by Al Bundy

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

For those that are interested: 

Conservatives hold  Uxbridge and South Ruislip (by 400 votes)

Labour win Selby and Ainsty (Huge 27% swing to Labour)

Lib Dems win Sommerton and Frome. (Huge 29% swing to Lib Dems)

Make of them what you will.

The incumbents usually take the wooden spoon this close to a General Election, Labour got what they wanted, the Tories got what they expected, I still think that there’s a Hung Parliament possibility.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Keir Mather's acceptance speech reminded me for all the world like Blackadder's Pit the younger...

He's only 25, bless him, and looks like a lamb to the slaughter.

He's going to be swallowed whole by the political vampires.

I wish him the best of luck in the bear pit. 

You sweet summer child.  Public school, Oxford undergrad and postgrad, Wes Streeting's assistant.  No real experience but armed with a rock-sold core of impregnable, righteous self belief and the conviction that he's right, dammit.  He'll be telling women to have a seat before the new term autumn's here, you mark my words.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

The incumbents usually take the wooden spoon this close to a General Election, Labour got what they wanted, the Tories got what they expected, I still think that there’s a Hung Parliament possibility.

Quite so.

It's a bit sickening watching them all celebrating loudly in the lunchtime news, 'cos you know they're all going to be pretty useless.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Keir Mather's acceptance speech reminded me for all the world like Blackadder's Pit the younger...

He's only 25, bless him, and looks like a lamb to the slaughter.

He's going to be swallowed whole by the political vampires.

I wish him the best of luck in the bear pit. 

I hadn't quite understood what you meant when I first read your post; however after reading GBNews presenter Tom Harwood's tweet about Kier Mather, it's become clear what Mather will be up against in the HoC:

🤮 Creep off Harwood.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

You sweet summer child.  Public school, Oxford undergrad and postgrad, Wes Streeting's assistant.  No real experience but armed with a rock-sold core of impregnable, righteous self belief and the conviction that he's right, dammit.  He'll be telling women to have a seat before the new term autumn's here, you mark my words.

If he's Wes Streeting's  assistant,  he may already be accepting money from the American Private Health Company who are blessing Streeting  with donations, for no reason that we know.