End Of Life Care, And Assisted Suicide

What an awful way to die, being suffocated with a pillow.  Did the woman want to die or  was the husband fed up of caring for her? I don’t know what to think about this case.

In Switzerland they have Dignitas, a clinic for assisted suicide.  I think it’s time the UK  changed the law and also had a clinic similar to the Swiss.

12 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

What an awful way to die, being suffocated with a pillow.  Did the woman want to die or  was the husband fed up of caring for her? I don’t know what to think about this case.

In Switzerland they have Dignitas, a clinic for assisted suicide.  I think it’s time the UK  changed the law and also had a clinic similar to the Swiss.

She had been asking him for some time to do it for her but he put it off as long as he could. He then tried to take his own life too.

Edited by Organgrinder

On 22/07/2023 at 02:48, Anna B said:

A man has recently been found not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter, for assisting his terminally ill wife die by suffocation.  He smothered her with a pillow which has always seemed to me to be a vey unpleasant way to go, and unpleasant thing to do. He has yet to be sentenced. So what do you think? 

Is our life ultimately our own to end should we wish to do so?

And should we be able, in law, to allow a trusted loved one permission to be with us and help if it's necessary?

Should the means be available, to choose the time, place and method to make a clean end? A good death?  

Assuming that all the checks and balances are in place, and in the right circumstances, should we have the right to  Euthanasia in this country?

I think yes, but that's just me.

What do you think?

Whose life is it anyway?

No. It would be too open to abuse by greedy relatives if a large amount of money or assets were involved. 

On 22/07/2023 at 02:48, Anna B said:

A man has recently been found not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter, for assisting his terminally ill wife die by suffocation.  He smothered her with a pillow which has always seemed to me to be a vey unpleasant way to go, and unpleasant thing to do. He has yet to be sentenced. So what do you think? 

Is our life ultimately our own to end should we wish to do so?

And should we be able, in law, to allow a trusted loved one permission to be with us and help if it's necessary?

Should the means be available, to choose the time, place and method to make a clean end? A good death?  

Assuming that all the checks and balances are in place, and in the right circumstances, should we have the right to  Euthanasia in this country?

I think yes, but that's just me.

What do you think?

Whose life is it anyway?

I think it is very sad someone has to "murder" anyone to give them release. But I have always thought length of life (as opposed to quality of life) is over rated.