Ghost Stories

I thought that there was a ghost in my house once,  all the clocks in the house had stopped at 7:30pm. 

It was then I realised that the mother-in-law  had come round to watch Coronation St with the wife!..... Her face would stop any clock!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

I thought that there was a ghost in my house once,  all the clocks in the house had stopped at 7:30pm. 

It was then I realised that the mother-in-law  had come round to watch Coronation St with the wife!..... Her face would stop any clock!

Are you the reincarnation of the late great Bernard Manning? 😉

• Like 1

Here's a great illustration of an explanation for sightings of ghostly figures and faces:

Ghostly face caught on camera smiling out of UK museum carriage leaves tourists spooked!

A tourist was left spooked after a ghostly face that looks like a terrifying child doll gazes at her camera from the back of an old-fashioned carriage.

0_PAY-PNGHOSTYORK03.jpg

The tourist in question is the owner of a 'paranormal investigations' group, which is, of course, given some free publicity in the article.

It's even mentioned in the article that this 'might be' (which, of course, it is) a case of pareidolia: the tendency we have to make a meaningful pattern - such as a face - out of something like a random array of shadows, light and reflections. 

One of the comments on the article mentions a detail that isn't included in the article: that the carriage has buttoned upholstery which, together with the shadows, reflections and patterns of light, account for the perception of a face.

Edited by Guest

On 23/07/2023 at 14:58, Irene Swaine said:

Here are the ones I have, feel free to share yours to

The Queen's Head public house is also said to be haunted. I must admit that whenever I have popped to the ladies' in there, I have felt a presence, despite being alone. 

Hello Irene,

Just thought I'd tell you about a strange happening at "Padders Bar" some time ago.

It was a sort of apparition, I seem to think it was a Poltergeist.

This happening was caught on our CCTV camera.

Unfortunately I don't have the evidence, it was sent to Mr. Bloke for further examination....

Perhaps Mr. Bloke. could be kind enough to reveal the footage for you to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1