Ghost Stories

9 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I thought it was all one wing..it's the Victorian bit with the tringular roof, that spans out from the main building, towards Bev Stokes centre.

It is one wing.

You said ward.

I know where it is, I worked on Huntsman 5 till a couple of years ago.

Edited by nikki-red

I’m trying to remember where the chapel is in NGH. 

Was it on one of the Vickers Corridors?  I know it was somewhere in the Victorian part of the hospital.  I’m not religious but it was peaceful just to sit there and to be alone with your thoughts.

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

It is one wing.

You said ward.

I know where it is, I worked on Huntsman 5 till a couple of years ago.

Ward/wing...is there much difference? We aren't all from a medical background.

All of my family have always said that there is something off about NGH. I've never felt it myself but they always preferred RHH. The Hunstman part does seem spooky at night time but I've never picked up on anything being off.  I belive the ghost story I found on the nursing forum was about RHH. I know they used to do A&E and ITU there. 

33 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I’m trying to remember where the chapel is in NGH. 

Was it on one of the Vickers Corridors?  I know it was somewhere in the Victorian part of the hospital.  I’m not religious but it was peaceful just to sit there and to be alone with your thoughts.

Yeah the chapel is off Vickers. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Ward/wing...is there much difference? We aren't all from a medical background.

All of my family have always said that there is something off about NGH. I've never felt it myself but they always preferred RHH. The Hunstman part does seem spooky at night time but I've never picked up on anything being off.  I belive the ghost story I found on the nursing forum was about RHH. I know they used to do A&E and ITU there. 

Apparently back in the Victorian times, when surgical procedures weren't as advanced as today.

A certain Ralph Piggledick had an operation to remove a growth on his neck.

The surgeon a Sir Henry Bone, performed the operation and his scalpel slipped and severed the patients head.

It's said that Ralph still walks the corridors of the NGH looking for his head, a bit like looking for a pair of lost spectacles.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Apparently back in the Victorian times, when surgical procedures weren't as advanced as today.

The surgeon a Sir Henry Bone, performed the operation and his scalpel slipped and severed the patients head.

It's said that Ralph still walks the corridors of the NGH looking for his head, a bit like looking for a pair of lost spectacles.

The corridors can be very dingy, no wonder he is still looking!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padders said:

😂