Tenants Cctv In Flats Legal/Illegal

Just a quickie advice wanted I live in a block of flats downstairs flat has a camera fetish ring doorbell aswell in communal area and cameras all round outside I hate it feeling of being watched all time are these allowed on flats will ask sheffield homes this week but if anyone  knows where we stand with them then pls let me know cheers in advance

Edited by Hans-solo

20 minutes ago, Hans-solo said:

Just a quickie advice wanted I live in a block of flats downstairs flat has a camera fetish ring doorbell aswell in communal area and cameras all round outside I hate it feeling of being watched all time are these allowed on flats will ask sheffield homes this week but if anyone  knows where we stand with them then pls let me know cheers in advance

I'd thank him for making me feel safe.

15 minutes ago, Hans-solo said:

Ring doorbells are quite legal, also quite legal to film in a public place.

But being the property of Sheffield Homes, it depends on their rules. Having CCTV in flats is probably very good at preventing crime and antisocial behaviour, which can be a problem in some flats.

You are not being watched, this seems to be CCTV in a public area to prevent antisocial behaviour.

Likely to be different advice from different people.

We got a ring doorbell and were told by our local council housing office that as long as it wasn't recording 24/7 and we had a sign on the door notifying about there being a camera there it was fine.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Ring doorbells are quite legal, also quite legal to film in a public place.

But being the property of Sheffield Homes, it depends on their rules. Having CCTV in flats is probably very good at preventing crime and antisocial behaviour, which can be a problem in some flats.

You are not being watched, this seems to be CCTV in a public area to prevent antisocial behaviour.

When I take dogs out they do there thing soon as I go in communal area he comes out did u pick it all up it's a pain in arse him  noseying

9 minutes ago, Hans-solo said:

When I take dogs out they do there thing soon as I go in communal area he comes out did u pick it all up it's a pain in arse him  noseying

What's the problem? He could be stood all day at the spy hole in the door watching outside, this is no different. 

Saying that, if he is asking you if you picked dog mess up tell him to mind his own business. 

Edited by HeHasRisen