Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

I cannot help seeing a very obvious irony here. Travelling to a destination that is on fire, part contributed to by the same people that have caused it.

I hope all are safe, but no sympathy at all for the trashed holiday.  These same people will get home and blame the government for not doing enough. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66279520

I think this will become increasingly common in the future. Though to be fair IIRC Britain's contribution to the global warming catastrophe is miniscule when compared with China and India. 

Speaking of global warming, anyone catch this news story this week?

Severe burns cases on rise in US south-west as extreme heatwave takes toll | US weather | The Guardian

Imagine getting severe burns from walking on the pavement :wow:

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I think this will become increasingly common in the future. Though to be fair IIRC Britain's contribution to the global warming catastrophe is miniscule when compared with China and India. 

Speaking of global warming, anyone catch this news story this week?

Severe burns cases on rise in US south-west as extreme heatwave takes toll | US weather | The Guardian

Imagine getting severe burns from walking on the pavement :wow:

Wouldn't happen to me , I'd just wear my  "Glitter" boots , 3 inch platforms , 😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mart said:

I cannot help seeing a very obvious irony here. Travelling to a destination that is on fire, part contributed to by the same people that have caused it.

I hope all are safe, but no sympathy at all for the trashed holiday.  These same people will get home and blame the government for not doing enough. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66279520

You need to stop watching the mainstream news

Because most places are absolutely fine 

Millions of Brits are currently abroad enjoying a beautiful summer 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You need to stop watching the mainstream news

Because most places are absolutely fine 

Millions of Brits are currently abroad enjoying a beautiful summer 

Do you mean  -  don't watch the news because they're lying and it's not happening ?

Or                             don't watch the news because we are trying to pretend it's not happening ?

Do watch the news and see what's really happening,  and what the selfish idiots are doing to the planet.

Edited by Organgrinder

I suppose if you work hard for a living and pay eye-watering amounts of tax and national insurance, you feel like you could do with a holiday abroad and enjoy the nice climate, good food and fair prices of things now and again? 

• Like 1