Uk Holiday Makers Go Abroad In Summer To A Burning Destination.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Nobody needs to be terrified,  just concerned,  and I know that you already are and that you do your best.

It's aimed at the people who refuse to see what's in front of their own eyes.

I very much doubt that our government is going to ride to the rescue ass they would sooner give more tax cuts to the rich.

If we are now over the tipping point,  which is still under debate and not agreed upon yet,  there will be no rescue because it can't be undone.

Aye, I know the government won't rescue us, but what they will do is charge us lots of money for daft schemes that do very little to improve the situation, in fact make it worse.

What they should be doing is sorting out public transport and making it cheap, reliable and convenient so more people will use it in preference to their cars.

It worked well before in Sheffield when it was subsidised, but now it's been hived off to private companies it's a total mess. 

Just now, Anna B said:

Aye, I know the government won't rescue us, but what they will do is charge us lots of money for daft schemes that do very little to improve the situation, in fact make it worse.

What they should be doing is sorting out public transport and making it cheap, reliable and convenient so more people will use it in preference to their cars.

It worked well before in Sheffield when it was subsidised, but now it's been hived off to private companies it's a total mess. 

Maybe folk don't want to share a bus with screaming kids and smelly folk?

I sometimes take the bus that goes from Lowedges to town, via Blackstock road.

For 30 minutes it's like being in a different universe.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Maybe folk don't want to share a bus with screaming kids and smelly folk?

I sometimes take the bus that goes from Lowedges to town, via Blackstock road.

For 30 minutes it's like being in a different universe.

They should make it a more pleasant experience then if they want to attract customers.

Unfortunately when it's all about profit they don't seem to be willing to invest money, and consequently only get those who have no choice but to use it. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Apparently there are still people turning up for Easyjet/Ryanair flights, to go to Rhodes. Absolutely mental if people are going there for a holiday. Morons, if you will.

Not all of the Island is affected, only about 15% of it.

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Not all of the Island is affected, only about 15% of it.

At the moment aye. It could easily get worse.

The simple reality is until the FCO announce dont go to Rhodes, people will go as they cant get a penny back on the insurance.

Those with packages booked will have had them cancelled by now (with refunds to come) with the trusted main operators.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

They should make it a more pleasant experience then if they want to attract customers.

Unfortunately when it's all about profit they don't seem to be willing to invest money, and consequently only get those who have no choice but to use it. 

How would that stop screaming kids running up and down the aisles and smelly folk trying to talk to me whilst I clean up all the discarded Metro newspapers off the floor?

If the bus was free, what would change?  I think it's personally down to disrespectful human beings rather than the company running them.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

At the moment aye. It could easily get worse.

The simple reality is until the FCO announce dont go to Rhodes, people will go as they cant get a penny back on the insurance.

Good point.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

How would that stop screaming kids running up and down the aisles and smelly folk trying to talk to me whilst I clean up all the discarded Metro newspapers off the floor?

If the bus was free, what would change?  I think it's personally down to disrespectful human beings rather than the company running them.

Making it free would likely make peoples behaviour worse.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Over exaggerating a tad there Mr. Al.

I find bus journeys on the whole quite pleasant.

You get screaming kids and smelly's in all walk of life.